Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Invading Privacy

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Invading Privacy Empty Invading Privacy Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:00 am

paolo_flores19

Arresto Menor

Good evening!

So here's the story po kasi .. This happened on Facebook, using the message feature. Last January, my friend and I had a talk about our teacher. The content of our conversation is not that good and it seems so inappropriate knowing that we're one of her students. There were foul words and some judgment regarding our teacher's over-all personality and physical appearance. The conversation about our teacher together with our raging comments only lasted for a short period of time and were done with it na po, but the apology was not settled to her, so she never knew about it .. not until the month of May came.

Our teacher finally knew about it na. My friend and I were very shocked because there's a concrete copy of our conversation on Facebook. We don't even know how it was released and forwarded to our teacher. So the news reached the discipline officer and the school director. We were called on both offices and we're given the penalty. The penalty was supposed to be an Exclusion but due to humanitarian reason we are just asked to complete a 3-day community service, but it didn't end there. There were other individual penalties for us. Anyway, the two of us has already a hold in our school being there for almost 9-10 years, giving honor and pride.

The penalty for my friend is a demotion on her position as corps commander. And my penalty is losing my right to be a candidate for honors (By the way, I'm supposed to be one of the over-all top 5 of our graduating class) and not being a member na po of Rover Scouts in our school.

This is my problem na po. Our main concern here is our privacy! We know what we said was really off but it's not that naman po kasi eh! We still have our right because we didn't talked about her in public. We're talking privately and there were only 2 persons involved! It was done on Facebook! It was not the school's concern anymore. We wanted to take back what they took from us! Do we have any match for this? Please help me. I really want to take it back! Even just my right to be part of the over-all top 5! I worked hard for it ..

I hope someone would help me! Thank you very much.

2Invading Privacy Empty Re: Invading Privacy Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:27 pm

rchrd

rchrd

at least you know now that there is really nothing completely private in the internet. watch your words because before your message reaches the other end, it must pass through an intermediary - machine or not.

Your case is a novel one. No case yet, as far as I know, was decided by our courts that has the same facts as yours. Your lawyer might advice you that you file a case for "Damages" against the school "with prayer for the issuance of a Writ of Habeas Data".

3Invading Privacy Empty Re: Invading Privacy Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:58 pm

attyLLL

did you post these messages on your wall or on through private messages? only one of those can give you a reasonable expectation of privacy and the other allows all your friends to see.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum