Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Serious Misconduct?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Serious Misconduct? Empty Serious Misconduct? Mon May 30, 2011 2:03 pm

jack_ryan1700

Arresto Menor

Good day!

I have a concern regarding our regular employee who is assigned to our client. Our client requested for an immediate replacement of one of our employees assigned to them due to misbehavior. We learned that the concerned employee hang up the phone on our client during a conversation because the employee didn’t like the way he was reprimanded for an error he made in his work. Feeling disrespected, the offended client called back and a heated exchange of words ensued.
Was the behavior displayed by the employee tantamount to serious misconduct and that we may terminate the employment of the said employee for just cause? If we can’t do that, the employee becomes an excess since we absolutely don’t have work for him to do (we don’t have any other client where we can assign him). Of course we can’t ask him to just resign, can we? Are we then required by law to terminate him by way of redundancy? If yes, are we not in any way rewarding the person (by paying him a separation pay) for his misdemeanor?

Please advise.

Thanks.

2Serious Misconduct? Empty Re: Serious Misconduct? Tue May 31, 2011 6:12 pm

attyLLL

what is the nature of your business?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Serious Misconduct? Empty Re: Serious Misconduct? Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:59 am

jack_ryan1700

Arresto Menor

We are engaged in staff supplementation business. We've been in this business for over 5 years now. We provide the manpower requirements of our client, such as Software Engineers, Business/Systems Analysts and Network Engineers These people are physically assigned to our client and they do we work for our client although we continue to be their employer. Most of these people are regular employees.

4Serious Misconduct? Empty Re: Serious Misconduct? Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:59 pm

bong_santos

Arresto Menor

for laymans language, i think ang impleyado ninyo ay tungkulin rin mismo..kung ano hindi niya maganda nagagwa sa cliente ninyo..dapat me mga seminar kayo sa mga tao ninyo.para pag pinadadal ninyo sa client ay responsible na sila.kung kayo mismo nagkulang at wala kayo ganun na mga steps.isa reason kaya ganun..at kung tatanggalin nyo po siya.worker ninyo..atleast bigyan ninyo man lang para sa pagsisismula niya.kung papayag.kung hindi..kaso nalang mapupunta ang ganun... iyan ang katotohanan na ang tao natin ay liable rin tayo..lalo na makikita kung me pagkukulang rin ang company..pero kung talagang makita wala kayong pagkukulang mga step para mapanatili ninyo maging sanay ang worker ninyo ginagawa ninyo naman lahat bago padala sa client okay kayo roon, talagang buong misbeahvior lang talaga ng tao..okay po yun.. iyan ang katotohanan sa business me liable lagi ang company sa mga tao nila..kayoy parang iisa..kung ano ang pinadala mo ay ikaw rin iyon..mababago lang kung mapapatunayan ng magkabiulang panig di sila neglegence ginawa nila part nila at talagang isang panig ang sarili gumawa ng di mabuti....

5Serious Misconduct? Empty Re: Serious Misconduct? Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:04 pm

bong_santos

Arresto Menor

kay7a sa ibang company minomonitor nila mga tao nila pinapadala sa client..sila ang nagsasabi na pupunta na worker nila this time schedule at finafolowup ng company kung naroon na ang worker at kung nagsisimula na magwork at pagtapos na work tinatanong ng company kung okay naba trabaho worker nila.magalang ba at ayos naba yung ginawa wala nabang problema..something like that..nirerequire nila worker nila na kakausapin nila yung client pag tapos na work ng worker nila........para hindi na mapunta sa kasuhan pa at patunayan sa front ng court incase me problem sa mga parties

6Serious Misconduct? Empty Re: Serious Misconduct? Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:33 pm

attyLLL

ok, i have to warn you that this practice is common in BPOs but I do not approve of it. they put agents where there are no available slots on floating status for a maximum of 6 months.

this has been held to be valid for security guards where there is a bonafide lack of an assignment.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum