Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

freelance writer

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1freelance writer  Empty freelance writer Wed May 25, 2011 9:37 am

qtiemec

Arresto Menor

I have been a freelance writer for more than a couple of years now. I work for a foreign company in India and another client from the US. We've been together for more than a couple of years and believe it or not I have permanent position in their company. However. I still am a freelance writer. I don't pay taxes, I pay for my philhealth and other benefits I can pay for by myself but I do want to start paying my taxes because I have plans to make a housing loan in the future. I don't get an ITR for the past 2 years, well obviously because I don't pay my taxes. BIR staff, well they are completely uninformed about people like me. I don't need a business registration because I operate at home and requires nothing but my computer and my speedy internet. And is completely not running my own business. Or am I? I cannot compute my average income since I'm being paid per project. The project price varies all the time.

How do I pay may taxes? What do I apply for? I've been researching online so far I only found people like me, looking for ways to pay taxes. There are no clear answers. All i see are freelancers complaining how idiotic the BIR staffs are. Please help. I do want to pay them and be considered a lawful citizen. Please help.

2freelance writer  Empty Re: freelance writer Thu May 26, 2011 5:23 pm

attyLLL

i would consider you self-employed. you'd have to register at BIR and get your own receipts. you should register as 0% VAT because your income is in foreign currency. retain income reports in foreign currency also.

the good news is that you can deduct 40% as a standard deduction for expenses.

income returns are quarterly and annually. monthly vat reports. welcome to tax compliance.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum