Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Title transfer timeframe

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Title transfer timeframe Empty Title transfer timeframe Sat May 07, 2011 5:17 pm

queens

Arresto Menor

As stated in my first post, my sister has a Deed of Sale from 2008, not yet finalized, and my auntie has a Deed of Sale from way back 1996, buying my grandparents property. This has also not been finalized.My grandparents have long since past away.
How long can a Deed of Sale be valid,and why has it not been finalized in a normal transaction timeframe ??

2Title transfer timeframe Empty Re: Title transfer timeframe Sat May 07, 2011 9:03 pm

attyLLL

if you have an original thread, please post it there so we can see the context of your question.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Title transfer timeframe Empty Re: Title transfer timeframe Sun May 08, 2011 8:15 am

queens

Arresto Menor

Sorry, my question was not meant to be direct related to my other post, but more a general question of how long it should take for a sale to be finalized,,1 month,,2 month,,,if not finalized within a certain timeframe, how long will the Deed of sale be valid for,,, any valid reason for not finalizing the sale once started.Hope this helps.
Many thanks.

4Title transfer timeframe Empty Re: Title transfer timeframe Mon May 16, 2011 1:13 pm

daishonin01

Arresto Menor

how long does it take to get a transfer of title and how long is it valid

5Title transfer timeframe Empty Re: Title transfer timeframe Mon May 16, 2011 1:27 pm

daishonin01

Arresto Menor

my dad who is deceased owns property in the Philippines valued at about $93,000. the title is in his name. my mom's name is also on the title but they are divorced. he borrowed $5000 from my aunt 16 years ago and used the land as collateral. the land is now being sold and we want to give my aunt backher money so we can get the proceeds. she refuses and claims it belongs to her. we believe she is about to do or has already done a forged transfer of title by forging my dad's signature. we know my dad never signed the title over to her. what can we do and how strong is our case

6Title transfer timeframe Empty Re: Title transfer timeframe Mon May 16, 2011 1:31 pm

daishonin01

Arresto Menor

my dad who is deceased owns property in the Philippines valued at about $93,000. the title is in his name. my mom's name is also on the title but they are divorced. he borrowed $5000 from my aunt 16 years ago and used the land as collateral. the land is now being sold and we want to give my aunt backher money so we can get the proceeds. she refuses and claims it belongs to her. we believe she is about to do or has already done a forged transfer of title by forging my dad's signature. we know my dad never signed the title over to her. what can we do and how strong is our case

7Title transfer timeframe Empty Re: Title transfer timeframe Mon May 16, 2011 4:12 pm

attyLLL

queens, after payment, it takes about 1-2 months to transfer title.

daish, you can first check at the registry of deeds regarding the status of the title. was the mortgage annotated on the deed?

8Title transfer timeframe Empty Re: Title transfer timeframe Tue May 17, 2011 2:48 am

daishonin01

Arresto Menor

thank you for your response. the reason i asked that question is because my grandmother willed the property to my father who is now deceased. my fathers name appears on the title but we believe his sister has forged his signature on a title transfer because she claims the property belongs to her.

9Title transfer timeframe Empty Re: Title transfer timeframe Tue May 17, 2011 11:43 pm

attyLLL

if that is true, then your first step to get a copy of the deed at the register of deeds.

10Title transfer timeframe Empty Re: Title transfer timeframe Thu May 19, 2011 10:07 am

queens

Arresto Menor

[quote="attyLLL"]queens, after payment, it takes about 1-2 months to transfer title.

What I would like to know is, what reason can there be for NOT finalizing the transfer after the DEED OF SALE has been issued. Why wait so long?
Many thanks.

11Title transfer timeframe Empty Re: Title transfer timeframe Sat May 21, 2011 2:27 pm

attyLLL

many possibilities. payment was not made, there is an error in the document, it was not notarized, etc.

1-2 months is waiting time for the BIR and the RD to process the papers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum