Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help: Employment Separation Agreement

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Help: Employment Separation Agreement  Empty Help: Employment Separation Agreement Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:49 pm

employee777

Arresto Menor

Atty,

I was given a separation agreement for my remaining days here with my employer(I resigned already). Is this separation agreement necessary? It also states in this agreement that "employee does not have pending against the company any claim, charge, or action with any national, local, court or administrative agency", would it be safe if I will not sign this agreement until I receive all the necessary post-employment documents from them? Thank you so much.

attyLLL

try to bargain that it be simultaneous with the giving of the docs.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Help: Employment Separation Agreement  Empty thank you so much atty. Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:22 pm

employee777

Arresto Menor

follow up question. Will this separation agreement be valid [btw, the main content of the agreement is non-compete] if I sign it even if in the first place I didn't have an employment contract stating this "non-compete clause".

I've read this from a site, just want to verify. Thank so much.

But there are certain loopholes in the system, and the employee would be wise to study these if they feel that they have been wrongly inveigled to enter a condition which they did not consent to.

First of all, if an employee is asked to sign a non-compete agreement when he is already employed (which is becoming prevalent as employers come to know of the value of restrictive covenants), he has the right to refuse since it is not part of his original employment contract. And even if he signs, he can later challenge its legality if such agreement is not accompanied by a valuable consideration.

In my case, this was given prior to my last remaining days with the company.

attyLLL

i read the whole article. i can't agree fully because there have been several cases already decided that if it is a temporary restriction such as a year, it is considered valid.

but i agree that if you are being required to sign a non-compete agreement only now that you are resigning, that is unlawful.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum