Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

E-Commerce Act

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1E-Commerce Act Empty E-Commerce Act Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:13 pm

Jin

Arresto Mayor

Hi to all,

Please help me understand this paragraph under e-commerce law RA 8792 Sec.11

The person seeking to introduce an electronic data message and electronic document in any legal proceeding has the burden of proving its authenticity by evidence capable of supporting a finding that the electronic data message and electronic document is what the person claims it to be.

How can someone prove the authenticity of an electronic data, if anything and everything is possible in a computer. (This is why we have so called virus that can alter or delete any files in the computer)
Does it mean also that if someone disagree or argue that the electronic data is not authenticated, the person that disagree must also prove his argument?

Thanks in advance

2E-Commerce Act Empty Re: E-Commerce Act Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:10 pm

attyLLL

you should also read the rules on electronic evidence. in authentication, you have to prove that the system is secure. it will be up to the other party to show that this is false.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum