Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

estafa case

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1estafa case Empty estafa case Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:36 pm

jenny74

Arresto Menor

I just received a registered mail from the city prosecutor’s office, with a subpoena for a hearing on April 14. I borrowed money from a lending firm and wasn’t able to pay on time, the reason for the estafa case. I already told them that I’ll be able to pay on June 1 but they wouldn’t hear of it. They went ahead with the case and continuously send me this hate emails with threats.

Also, in the case filed, the amount being asked is still the loaned amount of 23K even if it has already been stated in the papers attached to that I was able to pay 12K and that the estafa case was based on the 11K balance. And that the atm, which was supposed to be the mode of payment, was blocked as of May 2010 when in fact they were still able to withdraw 700 last Aug/Sept 2010. I already requested for a bank statement from the servicing branch.

Please advise on what should I do. Can we postpone the hearing? Can I not attend the hearing? Do I need a lawyer? How much will it cost to retain a lawyer’s service? How much do I have to pay them to settle his case?

Please help me. I’m at a lost.

2estafa case Empty Re: estafa case Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:27 am

attyLLL

this should not be considered estafa. failure to pay a debt is not a crime.

your worst move will be to ignore the case. if you don't want to defend yourself, then it will be better to enter into a settlement, but i doubt if it will be just 11k.

cost of a lawyer depends on which lawyer you retain.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum