Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Married in Ph got divorced and Applying for k1 visa

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mitchavez

Arresto Menor

Married po ako sa isang USC dito sa pinas but our marriage didnt work out. Im a filipino citizen living here sa pinas... separated kami ng almost 4 years ng husband ko, nasa US sya ngayon at my pamilya na.
Now im in a new relationship with tha USC and nag file na ng K1 petition for me..
. may divorce decree na ako ngayon kac ng file nag divorce ung ex husband ko..

Questions: am i eligble to get married again o wala bang problema ang case ko.. valid po ba ang divorce decree ko para mkapag asawa uli at mkapasa sa petition ko.... pls help.. thank u

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Secure a copy of the divorce decree and hire a lawyer who specializes in family law to file the necessary petition in court for judicial recognition of a divorce decree.

Usually, the lawyer will secure the copies of the law in the state where the divorce decree is granted and he will have it verified by the US consulate in the Philippines.

After the court recognizes the divorce decree and issues the necessary ruling, your marriage will be dissolved and you will be able to remarry again. Make sure to update your status in the civil registry with the necessary paperwork of the court.

Mitchavez

Arresto Menor

Hello.. thank u po sa pag reply...
may interview date napo ako this coming 27.. im worried ko kc kailangan daw po akong mg submit ng CENOMAR. All i have is the dissolution of marriage.. at kami lng ang ng file ng petition wala po kaming lawyer... ano po dapat kung gawin.....

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Try to secure a CENOMAR. Talk to the PSA officials and ask for the specific procedure to go about with regards to your specific situation, maybe they have a workaround for you.

Try to talk to a lawyer who specializes in immigration law for him to assess your current situation.

Good luck.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum