Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

COE AND LAST PAY

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1COE AND LAST PAY Empty COE AND LAST PAY Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:13 am

Leo.abano

Arresto Menor

Hi, my name is Leo and I have a concern that I have question about. First I want to thank you in advance for a legal advice.

My wife worked in a Company for 2 years and has just passed a resignation last month. It was an immediate resignation like on the spot that day; the reason for that was because we had an issue with our nanny. So we decided to relocate back to province and had our things transported to province ahead before she passed the resignation letter the next day. The problem at first was that the Manager refused to sign the letter but later on after two weeks finally signed it. Now the HR says that my wife can not receive her final pay as stated on the contract that a 30k shall be imposed in the event that an employee can not render atleast 30 days of work. Can't we really have the final pay?

2COE AND LAST PAY Empty Re: COE AND LAST PAY Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:23 am

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

You can demand the Final Pay of your wife from the Company.

The rationale of the imposition of the 30k 'penalty' by the Company is for the 'damages' brought about by the immediate resignation of your wife. However, it is NOT automatic that the Company is entitled to it, even if the same is indicated in the contract. The latter has to prove that 'damage' ACTUALLY resulted by the immediate resignation. How? by filing a civil case in court.

If the company refuses to give the final pay, you can actually file a complaint with the DOLE. Again, the Company has to file a case in court first to prove that it is entitled to the amount.

3COE AND LAST PAY Empty Re: COE AND LAST PAY Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:34 am

Leo.abano

Arresto Menor

Thank you Sir for the reply. Another question that I have- do my wife needs first to process clearance prior to filing a complaint? Can the Company also sue us on this issue if we file a complaint against them? Thank you for the enlightenment

4COE AND LAST PAY Empty Re: COE AND LAST PAY Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:39 am

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

Yes, your wife has to process her clearance first for her to know if her last will be withheld.

Yes, the company can also file the civil complaint.

5COE AND LAST PAY Empty Re: COE AND LAST PAY Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:59 am

Leo.abano

Arresto Menor

Sir sorry to ask again. You mentioned Sir that the Company can file a civil complaint. What considerations does the court would take to approve their complain?

6COE AND LAST PAY Empty Re: COE AND LAST PAY Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:10 am

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

That's for the court to decide what considerations it will accept. However, as long as the complaint is with a valid cause of action, the courts will hear the same.

7COE AND LAST PAY Empty Re: COE AND LAST PAY Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:28 am

Leo.abano

Arresto Menor

Thank you Sir. You're awesome!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum