Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marriage express

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Marriage express Empty Marriage express Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:30 pm

Wl Vdk

Arresto Menor

Me and my husband got married without any marriage license, we went to the city hall and people there were asking if we want to get married so they just told us to say that we are living together but we are not. In the family code, it states there that a marriage is void if there is no marriage license. However, it also states there that if we are living together for 5 years then it is an exemption but we never lived together. Right now, we are living separately and we are thinking of annulling the marriage. I just want to ask if we can contest the argument that our marriage is void because of "the not living together" and we just lied just to get married? Can we still file our married as void?

2Marriage express Empty Re: Marriage express Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:56 am

attyLLL

yes, that will be a valid ground, but you will need to file a petition in court first to have it declared null

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum