Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Immediate Resignation

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Immediate Resignation Empty Immediate Resignation Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:51 am

ptzzy

Arresto Menor

Good Day!

Na-hired ako sa isang manufacturing company, 45 days na akong nag-wowork to be exact and I signed a 6 month probationary contract and a memorandum of agreement that I shall stay in the company for 3 years, if ever I decide to part ways with the company (not finishing my contract) I shall pay for damages not less than 100k. Pero April 24, 2018 nag EL ako para makauwi sa amin dahil tumaas ang blood sugar ng father ko from 280 to 320 and nagkaroon ng komplikasyon Diabetic Neuropathy daw sabi ng Doctor since yung mother at kapatid (15 years old) ko lang ang kasama niya may sakit (sa puso) din yong mother at pumapasok din siya sa trabaho kailangan ng mag-aalaga sa father ko kaya that leaves me no choice but to file a resignation letter. In April 27, 2018 I filed my resignation letter together with my father's medical certificate dahil yon nga ang reason ng pag-reresign ko I need to take care of my father.

So here's my questions.

1. Can they refuse my resignation? (My supervisors already approved it but HR/Managemt are still reviewing it)
2. Is my reason counted as Valid to leave the company?
3. Would I breach my contract and memorandum of agreement?
4. Do I still have to tender 15 or 30 days after they accepted my resignation?
5. If they accept my resignation but they are insisting for damages I have to pay, is it legal?

Thanks and Godspeed!

2Immediate Resignation Empty Re: Immediate Resignation Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:16 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

1. no they have to accept it but they can refuse to “approve” it
2. yes any reason to resign is valid
3. yes i believe so
4. 30 days unless the company allows a shorter time period
5. yes, always legal to demand payment but whether they can enforce that thru the courts ... depends on how the judge will appreciate the evidence

3Immediate Resignation Empty Re: Immediate Resignation Tue May 01, 2018 12:15 am

ptzzy

Arresto Menor

lukekyle wrote:1. no they have to accept it but they can refuse to “approve” it
2. yes any reason to resign is valid
3. yes i believe so
4. 30 days unless the company allows a shorter time period
5. yes, always legal to demand payment but whether they can enforce that thru the courts ... depends on how the judge will appreciate the evidence

Thank you sa response.

Even immediate resignation ang kailangan ko dapat parin akong pumasok after they approved my resignation?
What could be the possible consequences I could receive if they will approve my resignation?

UPDATE: They are not doing anything about my resignation...and Im still working.

4Immediate Resignation Empty Re: Immediate Resignation Tue May 01, 2018 2:15 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

1. immediate resignation ang gusto mo but unfortunately yung reason mo doesnt qualify you for it.
2. consequences- ask them. willing ba silang i-waive ang consequences? if hindi nila i-waive then you MAY have to pay the 100k penalty. off course you may fight this out in court if you wish
3. what do you want them to do about your resignation?

5Immediate Resignation Empty Re: Immediate Resignation Tue May 01, 2018 7:23 am

attyLLL

I doubt they would go after you for the 100k; if they did, they have to prove you were unjustly enriched by being employed by them

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum