Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

DEBT NOT STILL PAID

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DEBT NOT STILL PAID Empty DEBT NOT STILL PAID Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:33 pm

annesteva

Arresto Menor

Hi Po Atty.,

OFW po ako and wanted to seek advice regarding po sa debts ng Father ko na namatay. Utang po niya sa supplier ng gamot sa manggo business niya noon. Ngayon po, ang mother ko po ang pinagbabayad sa utang na yun which is i think nung buhay pa father ko worth 4M pa po iyon. Pero sabi po kasi ng mother ko, bago po mamatay si papa ei may ibinayad na 1M pero walang resibo na binigay. And then wala pong valid invoice ang supplier, nakasulat lang po yung mga orders noon sa kapirasong papel lang po, without any signature po ni Mama. Nakareceived po ngayon ng letter ang mother ko na if hindi pa makabayad nitong katapusan ay iaakyat na daw po nila sa court yung issue na yun.

May grounds po ba yun Atty? and may laban po ba kami just in case i file po nila sa court yun?

Please need ko po ng response kasi di na po alam ng mother ko gagawin.

2DEBT NOT STILL PAID Empty Re: DEBT NOT STILL PAID Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:06 am

c_lloyd

c_lloyd
Arresto Menor

Depende po... You've said that your father died. Did you and his co-heirs settled his estate? kelan? If you did, his debt should have been filed as a claim sa Estate nya. I also have to note that although our successional system provides for the responsibility of the heirs for the debts of their decedent, such responsibility CANNOT exceed the value of the inheritance they receive from him. Eh, baka 1M lang naman talaga property ng father mo... eh pag ganun, hindi na dapat liable si mother mo or kung sino man me utang nya... Also, you've narrated na walang invoice? Hmmm... That is actually a dangerous presumption kase we actually do not have any idea kung anong talaga ang mga pieces of  evidence na they have... One thing you could do is write to them to request copies of invoices or better, go and approach your lawyer para siya na gagawa for you and of course para he could better prepare better if this would escalate sa court.... Good luck!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum