Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Local or foreign after 6 months nbi

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Local or foreign after 6 months nbi  Empty Local or foreign after 6 months nbi Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:24 am

Camrollins91

Arresto Menor

I read somewhere online that if a foreigner was living in Phil's more than 6 months then he would need nbi clearance for the   Philippines .
As a requirement for 13a visa  a foreigner needs nbi clearance if he is applying for permanent residency while being married to a Filipino .
I am married to a Filipina
If I come there and I'm there longer than 6 months do I need only nbi clearance for the Phil's, or  do I still need nbi for the home country

gsi

Arresto Menor

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/visa-inquiry/permanent-resident-visa

I didn't need a NBI clearance document for my 13A.  I guess they do a background check similar to the yearly registration (first 60 days of each year), which I read somewhere is a check of the interpol data base, to see if you have an international arrest warrent.

13A is a 2 step process, first you get temporary 1 year visa which is converted to permanent visa in
your passport after 1 year.  The associated ACR card has a 5 year validity date.

On top of that you also have expiry date of your passport, so 6 months prior to expiry you need to
get new passport, and transfer the permanent residency visa to your new passport.

So quite a bit of legwork involved to keep all your papers up to date.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum