Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

MERALCO accusing my parents of using "jumper".

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

coodamn24

Arresto Menor

Good Day!

Just as the title says, MERALCO is acussing my parents of tapping a line or using "jumper".

Early January this very year, a MERALCO inspector together with Police Officers went to our property which a apartment for rent houses. The inspector told my father they were "tipped" anonymously that we are using a jumper or tapping the line in there. They asked to check, my father agrees because he has nothing to hide. The meter was directly in front of the main road. The inspector said it was all clear, he found nothing there but he then proceeded to TAP the line himself then took a photo of it. My father questioned him regarding that but the inspector said it was just for formality. Although suspicious, my father just let it go. Afterwards, the inspector made my father sign a document which he explained that it was a report stating that there was nothing wrong there and it's all clear. With good faith, my father signed it without reading it. Fast forward 2 to 3 weeks after this incident, we received a demand letter from MERALCO saying we violated the contract and tapped the line. It is also stated that we are to pay the amount of 186,000 pesos. I know my father is at fault here letting the inspector tap the line then take a photo and signing a document without reading it. He is 54 years old, Highschool graduate, and not even working. I don't know why would someone do this horrible thing to us. We are not even capable of paying this amount of money. Please give us advise on how to handle this matter. Everything is appreciated. Thank you.

attyLLL

the legal remedy is to file a complaint at ERB.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum