Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

MIDDLE NAME NOT RIGHT

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1MIDDLE NAME NOT RIGHT Empty MIDDLE NAME NOT RIGHT Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:28 pm

leedy121783

Arresto Menor

Hi, I was unlegally separated from my husband 2007 July. It is due to his infidelity. He found someone new which I was thankful since I really do not love him. I was forced by my family due to the fact that they knew that I was already sleeping with him and they would not allow me to go home if the guy won't ask my hand for marriage. I was 20 years old then. Just graduated from college and was just separated from my ex. In short, still recovering from my past relationship, and thinking that nobody might accept me anymore for being unvirginized no more. I agreed to them but not totally on my own free will. Was worried too of what other people might say to my family because of me sleeping with a guy before marriage. I am raised in a very conservative family. So, i guess by now, you know what were my struggles then. Anyway, after my legal husband lived with another woman. A few months when that happened, I met my ex way back college. Fast forward, we decided to be together again. We are now living under one roof and have 1 kid. My problem is, the hospital in-charge put my legal husbands name as my son's middle name and I really do think that it was wrong!!! I have not asked any legal advises from the past, and I do not know what to do now.. Is the hospital right or am i supposedly be right? I guess, mothers should have the right to put what should be written in the birth certificate of her children, right? Please enlighten me.

Hoping to hear from you the soonest! God speed!

2MIDDLE NAME NOT RIGHT Empty Re: MIDDLE NAME NOT RIGHT Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:05 pm

attyLLL

Not sure if you'll like my answer, but what the hospital should have done was to put your legal husband's name as the child's last name and your maiden name as the child's middle name precisely because you are still legally married.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3MIDDLE NAME NOT RIGHT Empty Re: MIDDLE NAME NOT RIGHT Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:36 pm

leedy121783

Arresto Menor

But it is my recent partner who signed the back part of the live birth where he acknowledged that he is the father of the baby.

4MIDDLE NAME NOT RIGHT Empty Re: MIDDLE NAME NOT RIGHT Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:53 pm

attyLLL

That may be so, but what the law demands is that the any child born while the mother is married is presumed to be the child of the husband. I guess you didn't tell that to the hospital

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5MIDDLE NAME NOT RIGHT Empty Re: MIDDLE NAME NOT RIGHT Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:55 pm

leedy121783

Arresto Menor

I did tell them. On the other hand, my last name is different from my partner's.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum