Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

CONDOMINIUM ADMINISTRATION'S LIABILITY FOR STOLEN ITEMS FROM UNIT OWNERS AND TENANTS

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Carl1985

Arresto Menor

Hi All,

I'd just like to find out if our condominium's building administration and security agency have liability for any stolen belongings from one of its unit owners and tenants.

Just to give you a background of what the story is, we stayed at Seibu tower in BGC, Taguig City. In the morning of 12/29/2017, our maid left when we were all deep asleep after my wife left for work. She took a huge amount of cash, phones, ipad, expensive shoes and even our kid's piano keyboard. She left with all of these without any hardship as it was caught on CCTV.

Upon investigating on my own, I found out that the building's security let her out without giving us a call to confirm the items she took, nobody even knocked on our door to check us out. What if I was stabbed while asleep, wouldn't they call or come to check me out while restricting the maid from leaving? We filed a police report of the incident and presented the CCTV screenshot of how she got out. And will press charge for qualified theft as soon as she's caught.

However, I feel bothered about the security personnels' negligence, which I also feel is also the responsibility of its employer to ensure it fulfill its duty. I feel like I don't want to let this pass as it may also happen to anyone in the building. What is the possibility of us winning if we also file charges against the building's administration and its security agency?

Your response will be greatly appreciated. Happy New Year!

Regards,
Carl

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum