Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

retrenchment dispute

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1retrenchment dispute Empty retrenchment dispute Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:38 am

catlyn027

Arresto Menor

Hello! i was recently retrenched after 15+ of years of service. When I was informed of it, they gave the details of the severance package and the retirement pay. However, after a while, the company said that the retirement package is different from what I was informed because of the retirement pay policy. When I was notified, i specifically clarified of that policy and they said it does not apply because it's retrenchment and not regular resignation. The difference in the amount is very high. Do I have a case here?

Any pro bono labor lawyer who can help me please? Thank you!

2retrenchment dispute Empty Re: retrenchment dispute Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:42 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

may CBA ba kayo or was your retirement part of your contract? technically retrenchment will not include retirement pay kasi you were removed from the company before you retired. If you can provide more details baka we might be able to help you more. If you are qualified you might want to reach out to PAO

3retrenchment dispute Empty Re: retrenchment dispute Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:23 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

retrenchment is 1/2 month salary for every year of service.. there is no mention of retirement pay in the labor code.

4retrenchment dispute Empty Re: retrenchment dispute Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:33 pm

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

In retrenchment, the law specified the amount of separation pay, which is 1 month salary, or 1/2 month for every year of service, whichever is higher. A fraction of 6 months is considered as 1 year. You cannot fault your employer if it just followed the law in computing your separation pay. Try reading this, I hope this helps you. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/retrenchment-downsizing-done-right

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum