Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Salary Cut

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Salary Cut Empty Salary Cut Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:30 pm

mishael032409

Arresto Mayor

Hi Atty / HR's,

Im the Director in my company and 3 mos ago i was supposed to be demoted by my CEO asking me to sign a new contract with 25% less salary on what im currently getting since he said na may additional director na darating and di daw ako effective sa role ko so instead na i terminate, dedemote na lang daw with lower salary. I disagree with the effectiveness part since im the only one managing the whole operation and i felt that this was a setup for failure since on my 6th month pa lang, nag aask na ko sa kanya ng additional people to help but it didnt happen. He offered a new role and which i told him i will study the new contract and think about it. Hindi ko pinirmahan ung new contract, Hindi na din sya nag followup dito since then.

I understand na Kung gusto nilang babaan ang sahod, it must be cut and rehire with a different title and not continuous employment lang

Nung nag start na ung new director, ako pa din ang umaalalay dito and di din sya nag work and fit sa company so nag resign agad last month. Technically, 1 1/2 mos lang sya nag work samen. Ung CEO ko ang tumayong managing director and he said na we will finalize my role pag napagusapan na ulet since naging shaky ung org structure namin. From the time na nawala ung isang director i still work with the same task since papunta punta lang dito ang CEO from Australia and just working remotely.

Since hindi ako pumirma , nagtuloy tuloy ang same sahod ko until nag resign na ko effective next week. Now, kinausap ako ng CEO pagdating nya from AU and sinabing they will deduct ung 3 mos na 25% salary all at once sa backpay ko  since hindi ko sinubmit ung contract na pinapa pirmahan nya and nag agree naman daw ako verbally and sya naman daw ang naging managing director ng 3 mos

Is this legal and do i have the right to sue them?

2Salary Cut Empty Re: Salary Cut Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:41 am

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

if there is no documented agreement, it is not legal. and yes you have the right to sue them.

3Salary Cut Empty Re: Salary Cut Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:04 pm

mishael032409

Arresto Mayor

Thanks Sir, Ano po ba ang resolution kung sakaling manalo ko sa case na to? Are they just going to refund the money they will deduct to me or meron pang ibang damage na involve?

4Salary Cut Empty Re: Salary Cut Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:38 pm

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

i think they will only return the money deducted to you.

5Salary Cut Empty Re: Salary Cut Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:49 am

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

Since sa kanila na mismo nanggaling na dinedemote ka nila, due process should be observed, as if meron disciplinary action against you. Pero dahil walang ganon, hanggang napilitan ka magresign, I believe you have a case for constructive dismissal. Anyway, try mo to basahin. Hopefully makatulong sayo malaman kung ano ba ang process na dapat sinunod nila sa pagdemote sayo. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/discipline-suspension-termination

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum