Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Redanduncy Pay

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Redanduncy Pay Empty Redanduncy Pay Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:37 pm

art2beat

Arresto Menor

Hi! Hingi lang po ako ng advise. Pinapirma kasi kami ng 30 day notice nung Oct. 9 due to company restructure/redanduncy. We are not required to report for work unless needed. Nakalagay sa memo na until Nov.7 the company will look for other clients for us. If they become successful in finding new opportunity, we will be laterally placed and will continue the benefits of a regular employee. However, if they become unsuccessful during the 30 day period, we will be entitled to a redanduncy pay, pro-rated 13th month pay and unpaid wages. Last week nagsend sila ng computation ng final pay. Pro-rated 13th month at konting tax refund lang nakalagay. Nagdisagree ako sa computation kasi walang 1 month na separation pay. Inapela ng HR nmin sa payroll, ang sabi ng payroll is yung sinahod daw namin during the 30 day notice is yun na yung redanduncy pay nmin. What shall I do with it? Di ko kinuha yung check sa bank. Gusto ko sana iconsult muna kung ano dapat kong gawin. Thanks!

2Redanduncy Pay Empty Re: Redanduncy Pay Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:30 am

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

how long have you been staying with the company? compute mo na 1 month pay per year of service, yan ang dapat makuha mo plus the 13th month and other monetary benefits. if you are not satisfied, approach DOLE to assist you.

3Redanduncy Pay Empty Re: Redanduncy Pay Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:49 pm

art2beat

Arresto Menor

Hi! More than 6 months pa lang po. Yung 6th month ko sa company is November 4 tapos nag-end yung 30 day notice ng November 7. Kaso pinapanindigan ng payroll namin na yung 1 month na redundancy pay is yun yung sinahod nmin within the 30 day notice period. Mali po di ba? Kasi I am not yet separated sa company khit not required to report for work during the 30 day notice. As far as I know kasi, redundancy or separation pay is only given after separation sa company at yung sinasabi nilang sinahod ko within the 30 day notice is purely a monthly salary. Tama po ba?

Last edited by art2beat on Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More info)

4Redanduncy Pay Empty Re: Redanduncy Pay Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:45 am

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

here is the way I see it.

- they declare redundancy and you were given a 30 day notice starting October 9
- you did not report to work any more from Oct 9 to November 7
- HR claimed that the 1 month salary that you will received is already given to you from Oct. 9, 2017 to Nov 7, 2017.

When a company declared a redundancy, they are required to give the employee a 30 days period before terminating their services. The 30 days period serve as a way for the employee to look for work while still earning their daily living. So dapat, pinapasok pa din kayo during the 30 days notice.

I suggest that you report it to DOLE regarding their possible wrong implementation of termination process due to redundancy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum