Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Retrenchment

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Retrenchment Empty Retrenchment Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:08 pm

JohnMurphy

Arresto Menor

Currently I am in a company who is in the process of terminating employees by retrenchment.

After all the updates we received our company asked us to sign a letter of termination which was effective October 16, 2017.

Now without prior notice, the company changed the said date to October 31, 2017 and is asking us to sign another letter.

My question is this: does the company have legal rights to change the effective date of our termination even after signing a formal letter which contained an agreed upon date?

Also, will I be able to use the letter I formerly signed as a right not to sign the new letter the company created?

Finally, if in the event the company decided not to retrench part of the employees what legal action can I take since they informed me that I will be terminated and promised to receive severance pay but was not fulfilled.

Thank you in advance.

2Retrenchment Empty Re: Retrenchment Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:05 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yes as long as hindi pa umabot dun sa date of termination pwede yan i-move later but should not be earlier. kasi ibig sabihin nun binibigyan pa kayo ng employment for an additional 15 days. sa mata ng batas pabor sa inyo ito.

you dont have to sign but i dont know what sanction ang ipapataw ng employer sa inyo.

If ang situation mo is kasi may ibang obligation/trabaho ka na, paliwanag mo nalang sa employer, i doubt na pipilitin ka nyang mag extend

wala. option yan ng company who to retrench.

3Retrenchment Empty Re: Retrenchment Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:12 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

inform them na hindi kelangang regular ang employee para kaltasan ng SSS at pag ibig

4Retrenchment Empty Re: Retrenchment Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:45 am

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

I hope this helps you understand better the concept of retrenchment, and find the info useful. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/authorized-causes-termination-employment

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum