Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unpaid Credit Card Debt

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unpaid Credit Card Debt Empty Unpaid Credit Card Debt Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:24 pm

Anan14

Arresto Menor

Hi, i'm outside the Philippines right now and I have an unpaid credit card debt.

A collection agency started to get in touch with me regarding it.

My question is.. is there any kind of civil or criminal case filed against me? how to make sure there's none? or does transferring the debt to an agency mean there's no case?

Last question.. is any of this going to affect my NBI certificate?

Thanks!

2Unpaid Credit Card Debt Empty Re: Unpaid Credit Card Debt Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:48 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

no one can no if a case has been filed against you. you can check with the bank if they filed a case against you.

unless they filed a criminal case against you, then no.

3Unpaid Credit Card Debt Empty Re: Unpaid Credit Card Debt Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:03 pm

Anan14

Arresto Menor

Thanks! But usually the bank or collection agencies file civil case not criminal, right?

4Unpaid Credit Card Debt Empty Re: Unpaid Credit Card Debt Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:52 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

it depends. if simple debt collection, civil case. if you have issued a cheque and it bounced, it will be a criminal case. also, if they will claim that you defrauded them, this can also be a criminal case.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum