Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

To whom and How shall I Pay?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1To whom and How shall I  Pay? Empty To whom and How shall I Pay? Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:10 am

duhbong

Arresto Menor

An MTC Manila judge ordered on 9 Jun 2016 that I pay BPI
1) P75,134 plus 6% per anum
2) P10,000 atty's fee
3. cost of suit

Saulog, the law firm for BPI is not accepting my offer of P100,000 saying they are filing for reconsideration, etc.

What can I do? Can I go directly to BPI and pay there?

2To whom and How shall I  Pay? Empty Re: To whom and How shall I Pay? Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:16 am

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

1. Don't you have a lawyer?

2. File a motion that you are tendering payment to the court and pray that you be allowed to make a deposit there, if you really want to pay. So that later on if the bank's motion or thereafter appeal, is denied after a long period of time, you can try to ask for reprieve for the running of interest.

3To whom and How shall I  Pay? Empty To whom and how shall I pay Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:19 pm

duhbong

Arresto Menor

1. I had a PAO lawyer.

2. In short, Sir Jadis, I will pay or make a deposit to the court that made the decision?

4To whom and How shall I  Pay? Empty Re: To whom and How shall I Pay? Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:26 pm

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

duhbong wrote:1. I had a PAO lawyer.

2. In short, Sir Jadis, I will pay or make a deposit to the court that made the decision?

I am female. Consult with your lawyer first, as they might not agree with my suggestion.

Don't you have any plans of appealing? You have accepted the decision?

5To whom and How shall I  Pay? Empty To whom Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:42 pm

duhbong

Arresto Menor

Ms. Jadis,

Thanks for the fast replies.

No, I have no plans to appeal since I agree with the decision. (BPI was asking for P142,000).

I was able to borrow P100,000 and now have to decide how to go about it. Can I consult with the same PAO lawyer?

I am seeking ways to deposit that amount with BPI. A Saulog lawyer is telling me to wait a while as he will ask BPI to accept P110,000 as a solution. I am not really happy with this,

Some websites say that the filing cost would have been 2,250 for BPI. Is this accurate?

6To whom and How shall I  Pay? Empty Re: To whom and How shall I Pay? Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:52 pm

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

duhbong wrote:Ms. Jadis,

Thanks for the fast replies.

No, I have no plans to appeal since I agree with the decision. (BPI was asking for P142,000).

I was able to borrow P100,000 and now have to decide how to go about it.  Can I consult with the same PAO lawyer?

I am seeking ways to deposit that amount with BPI.  A Saulog lawyer is telling me to wait a while as he will ask BPI to accept P110,000 as a solution.  I am not really happy with this,

Some websites say that the filing cost would have been 2,250 for BPI. Is this accurate?

There is nothing stopping you from consulting the handling PAO lawyer. I have many colleagues in the Public Attorney's Office and overworked and underpaid as they are, they are still there to help.

You could just check the records to find out what BPI actually paid. Or check with the Clerk of Court of the Metropolitan Trial Court, the Official Receipt will be there.

7To whom and How shall I  Pay? Empty To Whom Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:57 pm

duhbong

Arresto Menor

Ms.Jadis,

Thank you so much, counsel for your assist!

8To whom and How shall I  Pay? Empty Re: To whom and How shall I Pay? Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:26 am

just.ice

Arresto Menor

No. The obligation is already extinguished when they took the car from you. - I saw this post from another guy for writ of replevin or repossessed card, the case I would like to seek an advise is that, a car got late for three months, but were able to pay it, come 2 months more were late, then again again they were able to pay so to make it short due to the continues late payments, the creditor decided to file a writ of replevin, by that time the debtor put money on the bank, 60kphp, but they have already file a cased to the debtor, by the time a sheriff came to the house, asking for the car, however the debtor is sleeping and the boyfriend is the only person the sheriff talk to, the boyfriend tried to wake up the debtor who signed the contract however the sheriff didn't allow him, and showed a copy of the signature of the debtors father who allowed the car to be taken away, in short the debtor who signed the contract never knew anything. So now the question ks ,

1. Is this even legal? Just because the owner of the house that were the debtor address it is from her father. So the sheriff said they have the rights to take the car due to the debtor's father's sign.

2. A court order was released, the lender is now demanding for the money, & prayed double the bond instead if 400k for the Toyota wigo, it went up to 800,00 + 150k lawyers fee shows in the letter, is the bond means the price amount of the car on the contract?

3. Last question, So if these amount has been paid, will the debtors Name be cleared on any banks?, or is it still blacklisted? If it has been paid will the debtor get the car back?

- if not? What will happen to the debtor if she didn't pay the asking price of the lender?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum