Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

I am 40. Is it too late to take the bar?

+4
Jadis
Maervic
AWV
georgina114
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I am 40. Is it too late to take the bar? Empty I am 40. Is it too late to take the bar? Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:24 am

georgina114

georgina114
Arresto Menor

Hi! I just want to pick your brains. I am 40 years old now. I graduated from law school 19 years ago and I've lived abroad since. I have decided to comeback and live in the Philippines. I am recently widowed and don't have much to do as I don't even have kids. I am toying with the idea of taking the bar exams but I'm not sure if the idea is good because I am no longer updated with the law and jurisprudence. I was out of the country for quite awhile. Am I too old to be a lawyer? What do you think? Very Happy

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

No one is old to take further education. You just have to do some more studies to find out all the changes since you graduated. Go for it! 🤗

georgina114 wrote:Hi! I just want to pick your brains.  I am 40 years old now.  I graduated from law school 19 years ago and I've lived abroad since.  I have decided to comeback and live in the Philippines.  I am recently widowed and don't have much to do as I don't even have kids.  I am toying with the idea of taking the bar exams but I'm not sure if the idea is good because I am no longer updated with the law and jurisprudence.  I was out of the country for quite awhile.  Am I too old to be a lawyer?  What do you think? Very Happy

Maervic

Arresto Menor

Yes! You can do it! I have a 45 yo boyfriend right now whos reviewing for the bar. He graduated 17 yrs ago. He hasnt given up on his dream yet and i can see that his mind is still sharp and he's really passionate about taking it again. He's going to take it with me this year. Yey! He's 11yrs older than me, btw. Smile

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

My uncle became a lawyer at the age of 43. You can do it.

wattleferdz

Arresto Menor

My former classmate passed the bar the same year I did. She was 56 at that time.

Pusang_Iring

Arresto Menor

I am 43 and on my 4th year of law school! Smile Hopefully next year na makapag bar.

mrs_scofield

Prision Correccional

You can enroll for audit classes for all review subjects to update you on the laws and latest jurisprudence. Good luck! And just go for it!

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Try looking up the office of the Legal Education Board and seek advice there. There are requirements you must comply with first before being eligible to take the bar. Offhand, I'd say you need to enrol in a refresher course in law first before you can take the Bar here. Also, you have to secure your original TOR from the school you graduated in, both your pre-law course and actual LLB course.

Do all the abovementioned first, for you will have a clearer picture on your path to the practice of law once the things that you need to comply with first are made known to you.

Godspeed. Good luck in your journey, friend.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum