Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cease and Desist

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cease and Desist Empty Cease and Desist Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:48 pm

PrettyMummy

Arresto Menor

Hi,

i just want to pick a piece of your brain and is also looking for a lawyer at the moment. Basically, my husband received a cease and desist letter (thru email from a law firm) and I was cc'd.  I felt my right was violated for including me in that email so I replied saying:
"Funny why am I being included in this email. Get your facts right before sending this cease and desist letter. Who misrepresented who? You are basically trying to bully a person who has done nothing against you. This is harassment!!!

BOI? DOLE? As far as my knowledge is concern, you are accusing a person who hasn't committed anything against the Philippine law. Did your client ever asked for a copy of his visa or anything? Answer is NO!

Anyway, I am out of this so LEAVE me alone! I have no relations or whatsoever to your client."

Now, I am not sure if that reply will be taken against me?  Please I need some advice and also a lawyer so my husband can discuss the matter to him.  Thank you very much in advance!

2Cease and Desist Empty Re: Cease and Desist Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:01 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Your reply gave them the needed "proof" that the email had been received.

You could have just kept quiet. Being "cc'd" on an email is an "FYI" rather than an accusation.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Cease and Desist Empty Re: Cease and Desist Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:05 pm

PrettyMummy

Arresto Menor

Received by me yes. And I want to inform them that I shouldn't be included in that email as I have nothing to do with their company as I haven't in anyway been employed or engage with that particular company

4Cease and Desist Empty Re: Cease and Desist Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:46 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

PrettyMummy wrote:Received by me yes.  And I want to inform them that I shouldn't be included in that email as I have nothing to do with their company as I haven't in anyway been employed or engage with that particular company

They managed to know your email and use it - so they could get in touch with your husband.

And your reaction may have given them the confidence and proof they need to pursue whatever it is they are after from your husband.

http://www.councilviews.com

5Cease and Desist Empty Re: Cease and Desist Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:53 pm

PrettyMummy

Arresto Menor

They managed to send me an email simply because the owner asked for my email address when my husband and I broke up and they've been trying to manipulate me ever since. They even asked me to forward my husband's email to me (personal)which has nothing to do with them. Anyway, their accusations are baseless. From my point of view, it is also a form or harassment. Since they haven't complied to the Philippine law, they are taking it against my husband. Anyway, I am just after for them to stop including me in any harassment they are doing as I am a different person from my husband.

6Cease and Desist Empty Re: Cease and Desist Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:16 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

If separated ka na from your husband make sure magfile ka ng legal separation, if not pati assets mo pwedeng ma seize if may judgement against your husband.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum