Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who has the rights?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Who has the rights?  Empty Who has the rights? Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:21 pm

stillie

Arresto Menor

we have a house located in Rizal, which is named under my deceased father. Now, I have two other siblings (older and younger brother) and we have this agreement that the three of us have equal rights over the house. But then, my older brother died, and he has a wife, which is now claiming that her two children, have more rights over the house than us. The thing is, the entire family was never in good terms with her, (we don't even know if the kids are legitimately our brother's)

Who has more rights, or who has the rights over the house? Me and my younger brother or my older brother's wife/kids?

Please note that the title of the house is after my parents's name.

It'd be a huge help if anyone would answer this. I tried reading articles on the internet but can't land on a definite answer.

Thank you in advance

2Who has the rights?  Empty Re: Who has the rights? Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:53 am

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

(Asuming there are no will, and your bother got married after the change year, which was around 1987, so real estate is collateral in his case.)

Your brother's wife and kids split HIS 1/3.
(The wife get 4/6 of the 1/3 = 4/18
and the kids get 1/18 each.
So together they have 6/18 = 1/3.)

3Who has the rights?  Empty Re: Who has the rights? Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:42 am

stillie

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the reply.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum