Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cosmetic Purchases

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cosmetic Purchases Empty Cosmetic Purchases Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:55 am

Cory#61

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I have referred this case to DTI but unfortunately I am not getting timely response from them and until now awaiting for next step. I have attended 3 meetings with the Company I am complaining in attempts for mediation however I was left making follow ups after a Compromise Agreement. I would like to seek for assistance if I have basis to file for legal case on this matter. Below is the summary of my complaint sent to DTI. Hope I can get legal assistance of what would be my next best step as I am not getting response both from the Company and DTI.

To summarize, including what has been discussed in two separate mediation, please see below.

>Complaint 1:

Overpricing versus official webiste
Store Official Website
1st Purchase: P33,400 P49,950.00 offered @50%off = P24,975
2nd Purchase: P90,000 P49,950.00 offered @50%off = P24,975
3rd Purchase: P130,000 P99,900.00 offered @50%off = P49,950

After raising my complain to the store, the Website price changed to (1)49,950 (2)79,950 (3)159,900

Overpricing versus local online shop
1st Purchase: P33,400 Lazada: 31,980.00
2nd Purchase: P90,000 Lazada: P46,985.00
3rd Purchase: P130,000 Lazada: Not found

After raising this concern, I noticed the products are no longer found in Lazada.

>Complaint 2: Freebie/promo/price misrepresented:

During the first meeting with the Company where my complaint was discussed, I was offered by P10,000 as settlement for the difference between the prices in the official website and what sold to me. I have declined this offer because in the computation, the items which were offered to me as freebies were priced and included. As the Company would not accept return, I offerred to continue with the purchase at the rate and discount being offerred in the official website. Which was declined for reasons such as (1)wrong prices in the webiste and (2)"While it is true that there was error in publishing, it is also true that you have been given freebies as well".

This has led me to conclude that the overpricing could be due to the items declared as free. That the actual items bought were sold at a higher price to perceive other items as free. This looks to me as being forced to blindly purchase something I am not aware of.

When I raise this concern as misrepresentation, I was told then that they have computed for all the items I bought and claiming that all items are indeed free. I do not know the basis of their claim as in the first statement I was told that there is P10,000 difference which they are willing to settle. The figures doesn't match as the freebies total to P170,100 (excluding services offerred) while website correction amounts to P90,000.

Additionally, the freebies were quoted to me as exclusive and as something that is of valuable price (in one free item, I was told P45T when in fact it is 20,100 and is available in other stores and via official website).

>Complaint 3:

No Return Policy. I was verbally advised that I can return the product. I was advised to go the office as they do not accept returns in the store.And when I arrived in the office, I was advised that per BFAD, they do not accept returns even if they are packed, boxed and sealed.

Due to the above, may I initially request that the transaction be put on hold/payments cancelled by the Company while this is being discussed and no agreement has been made. All these purchases are charged to my credit card and will be penalized if not settled. The Company does not treat this with urgency even after several times I raise my concerns about the penalty/interest. After several follow ups in my complaint, the Company has responded after they were notified by the Mediation. And even after the signed Mediation agreement, which they were suppose to comply last Mar 7, I have not received any response.

Note that all the products are with them including the several freebies I have not actually received.

In addition to the above, the agent who sold me the products agreed that for the amount of purchases which I charged to my credit card, I will be issued a check so I can settle my credit card in full and have it converted to installment in my other card (as during the purchase there is no available balance in my credit card where they allow installment - and agreed to have it charged straight to my other card to continue with the purchase and just have it converted to installment afterwards). Now that I demand this, they are no longer replying to my emails and follow ups.

Looking forward for your advise.

Sincerely,
Cory Mercado

2Cosmetic Purchases Empty Re: Cosmetic Purchases Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:02 am

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

"Compromise AGREEment. "
Do you mean your opponent haven't followed that agreement?

Otherwice YOU are breaking the agreement, I suppouse, by continue complaining, because normaly Compromise agreements include telling the case ENDS with that Compromise agreement...

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum