Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFW GF in 2005 Sending Money to BF in Philippines, Now (2017) She's Claiming, Can She Charge as "Utang?"

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dabs2013

Arresto Menor

Hello po meron lang ako ask pls help.

My brother was an OFW in Kuwait in 2005, he met a GF and they stayed there together. He went home to Philippines early in 2006. His GF sent him money (75K) back in Philippines (once) as a help offered  when he was in financial need during that time.  

He did not refuse the money because they were in good terms and my brother was in really great need. The problem was, later my brother met another woman and forgot his GF in Kuwait because he really did not love her  and he's not willing to marry her just because he owed some money.

Now they're both married and have separate ways since those years and my brother forget everything. Just recently, my brother noticed an FB message from his previous GF, whose also having kids with her husband, wanting to claim her 75K pesos sent in 2006 and threatening him for a legal case.

About the proof or physical evidence, if she's able to save a copy of their text messages before, or a copy of the "Pera Padala" receipt, then she might have those as proof of her claim.

My questions are:

1. Was that considered as debt that she should claim?

2. Can his previous Girlfriend file a legal case against him?

2. What the law says pertaining to this particular case?

Thank you..

Last edited by dabs2013 on Fri May 26, 2017 9:28 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add some info)

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

If the money sent was implied as a loan and she has proof about this, then she has the right to demand for repayment.

dabs2013

Arresto Menor

Thank you po.. maraming salamat po. Kung wala pong naka saad na utang as in pure lang pera padala, ma konsider ba yun as utang?

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

Well in that case it's your word against hers depending on who is more seemingly credible.

dabs2013

Arresto Menor

maraming salamat po

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum