Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

transfer of properties to me and my children

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Angelangel

Arresto Menor

1. My mother desires to transfer her two residential houses to me (I am the only child of parent. Father has passed away) and my two children. Is it even possible? The eldest is a Filipino, 24 years old and the youngest, 15 years old, was born in the Philippines and now living in Japan and a Japanese passport holder.
2. If it is possible, what is the best option for us to lessen the BIR tax, to declare as inheritance, donation, selling or others.
3. How much is the taxation to be paid at the BIR?
4. What are the requirements needed for transfer?
The properties are titled. Thank you very much and hope to hear from you soon.

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

How did your mother get the properties? =Didn't your father own part of them?

= Aren't (1/4) parts of them yours allready by inheritance from your father?

Some idiots have made the inheritance tax higher than donor tax SOMETIMES.
But at lower values are tax extempt or lower percentage, so it can perhaps be worth checking if a MIX can be best. (=Inherit from father, donors tax from mother.)
An alternative to check can be give SOME this year and rest next year to get lower percentage.

Here you can see tables - you who know the values Smile
Inherit https://www.bir.gov.ph/index.php/tax-information/estate-tax.html
Donor https://www.bir.gov.ph/index.php/tax-information/donor-s-tax.html

Angelangel

Arresto Menor

Hello. Actually the money got from me. When I was still single, I buy a property and put my mother's name as proprietor. Now, since she is 76 years old and to avoid the hassle if something happened to her, I decided to transfer the properties to me and my two children. Why including my children? To avoid further tax charges in case they inherit the properties. Is it possible to own a properties by three people?

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

I see.
Angelangel wrote: Is it possible to own a properties by three people?
Yes.
But problem by your youngest hasn't Filipino passport. Perhaps he can be put as "co-owner" or what it's called.
Later he can get Filipino citizenship if needed.

Angelangel

Arresto Menor

Ohhhhh...even she was born in the Philippines?

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Angelangel wrote:Ohhhhh...even she was born in the Philippines?
I believe you can give her DOUBLE citizsenship just by applying (with birth certificate.)
Some countries allow double, some countries demand chosing when become grown up.

7transfer of properties to me and my children Empty legal age Fri May 12, 2017 7:04 pm

mhay lyn atienza

Arresto Menor

hello po pa help naman po ,i need advice po about legal age na puede na mag decide, may naiwan po kase bahay ang ama ng anak ko at gusto po namin ibenta kc po un upa ng bahay hindi binibigay ng mga kapatid ng yumao ko asawa un title po ay on process pa kc minana din po nila un lupa at bahay sa mga yumao ko mga biyenan,, so ang mga kapatid po ng asawa ko ay humahadlang sa pagbebenta ng bahay dahil mukhang na brainwash na ang anak ko,,ang anak ko po ay turning 19 na sa july,,

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

mhay lyn atienza wrote:hello po pa help naman po ,i need advice po about legal age na puede na mag decide, may naiwan po kase bahay ang ama ng anak ko at gusto po namin ibenta kc po un upa ng bahay hindi binibigay ng mga kapatid ng yumao ko asawa un title po ay on process pa kc minana din po nila un lupa at bahay sa mga yumao ko mga biyenan,, so ang mga kapatid po ng asawa ko ay humahadlang sa pagbebenta ng bahay dahil mukhang na brainwash na ang anak ko,,ang anak ko po ay turning 19 na sa july,,
I'm told children have legal right to decide themselves from 18yo in Philippines (except concerning marriage).

Elli.Jay

Arresto Menor

Good day! , please help me what to do and the steps in order to transfer a titled lot sold to me with the following :
1. No more owners copy of title because it was drown in the river of Cebu during typhoon Yolanda.( have the Cert True Copy from ROD)
2. Deceased father is the name in the Title, but an Affidavit of Waiver of Rights to Claim from the siblings were executed and is addressed to the eldest sister ( who now sold to me the lot).
3. The lot is located beside our house and lot, that's why I am interested .
4. The said lot has not been declared in the assessors office when the title was issued.

Please help me what move should I first do in order to process the transfer.

Hope to hear from you soonest and enlightened my mind of doubts, Thank you and God Bless

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Elli.Jay wrote:Good day! , please help me what to do and the steps in order to transfer a titled lot sold to me with the following :
1. No more owners copy of title because it was   drown in the river of Cebu during typhoon Yolanda.( have the Cert True Copy from ROD)
2. Deceased father is the name in the Title, but an Affidavit of Waiver of Rights to Claim from the siblings were executed and is addressed to the eldest sister ( who now sold to me the lot).
3. The lot is located beside our house and lot, that's why I am interested .
4. The said lot has not been declared in the assessors office when the title was issued.

Please help me what move should I first do in order to process the transfer.

Hope to hear from you soonest and enlightened my mind of doubts, Thank you and God Bless
1. The True copy can be use instead.
2. It need to be shown who are hiers to show the waiver signings are compleete. (Extrajudical process.)
4. Do you mean at the property tax office? Such taxes has to be paid to get title transfered. One way is to agree in the selling document, the tax dept is reduced from the price and you pay it to be sure it's paid. Such depts follow the LAND UNDEPENDING of who is owner.

Beside that, just do a normal selling.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum