Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hit and Run Car Accident

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hit and Run Car Accident Empty Hit and Run Car Accident Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:14 pm

ronijoven

Arresto Menor

I had an accident 10month ago concerning a tricycle in Pasig. I am in the right lane when a tricycle turn left and hit my fender and bumper. The tranffic enforcer responded and the driver hurriedly escape the scene and left his tricycle. The tricycle was impounded. We ask assistance from the police and traffic enforcer of the whereabouts of the tricycle driver. Took several months and nothing happened so we initiated to locate the driver and successfully discovered that the owner of the tricycle is the father of the driver and deceased already.

Negotiations where underway and the driver agreed to settle the accident with the tricycle that is impounded.

Here are my questions:
The tricycle is owned by the father, the only son can he issue a deed of sale?
What documents are required to retrieve the tricycle in the police impounding area.
What are the documents or action needed by the driver in order to get the tricycle as payment for the repairs of my car?
What documents do i need to prepare in order to close this incident and retrieve the tricycle as payment for the damages.

The tricycle is old, not registered for 10yrs, the driver does not have a drivers license, no permit or franchise of the tricycle, so he basically do not have interest of getting his (inherited) tricycle. The driver is jobless and in no capacity to pay.

The barangay of Sumilang Pasig is assisting to have this issue resolve in the part of the driver of the tricycle.

Hoping for a good legal advice of what to take.

2Hit and Run Car Accident Empty Re: Hit and Run Car Accident Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:04 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

I doubt the driver will cooperate to retrieve the said vehicle since once he does, there is the possibility that he will have to settle all the pending violations.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum