Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Changing my illegitimate son's surname

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Changing my illegitimate son's surname  Empty Changing my illegitimate son's surname Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:53 am

Abalos

Arresto Menor

Dear Sir/Madam,

My son is using my maiden surname including my maiden middle name. But when my son had been transferred to a different school my son's grand mother used his biological surname without my permission. The guardian is my ex's parents. My ex and I were never married but he acknowledged my son on his birth certificate. My ex has never had parental responsibility to my son due to his parents interference. My son is now 15yo, I'm now married to a different man and my ex is also married. My son made his decision that he wants to use my husband's last name. His biological father agreed to our son's decision. My question is, can my ex sign an affidavit that he permits in changing my son's surname or my husband and I need to adopt my son? Please advise. Thanking you in advance.

Kind regards,

Mrs A

nnyxx

Arresto Menor

I don't think it will be that easy.
Hmmm. I know you're thinking why I even commented here when I'm clueless as you in terms of family law which is what your problem is about but I can't help noticing this is really bothering you and your family, that you just want to get this settled. Though I can't really help you I know someone who can, if you're just around QC and really want to get legit answers, you can visit them, they know family law and I think they have the answers to your dilemma. Here's how you can contact them. https://alburovillanueva.wordpress.com/contact-us/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum