Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Inheritance (majority are properties)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Inheritance (majority are properties) Empty Inheritance (majority are properties) Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:30 pm

razzy

Arresto Menor

Hello.

I was researching a different matter when I came across this inheritance concern (mostly properties):

A couple's marriage, after having child A, has been annulled. The woman bears another child B with her new boyfriend later on but remains unmarried.

In the absence of a will, if the former husband and child A die, the assets will be inherited by the former wife and child B as child A's heirs, and not the husband's parents-- is this correct?

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

I suppouse it's like this:

I suppouse the wife got WHOLE her share at the annulment.

The annulment ENDS ALL economics (exceot child support) between the spouses including inheritance .
Asuming a will don't change it, only child A can inherit from BOTH spouses in the annuled marriage.

razzy

Arresto Menor

Lunkan, your reply isn't aligned with my question. Thanks all the same.

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

razzy wrote:Lunkan, your reply isn't aligned with my question. Thanks all the same.
Oh I didn't thought of the woman is mother to childA.
I know only rules when a spouse and/or child to to dead are alive.
I suppouse the woman DON'T inherit the husband 1, because that marriage is ANNULED,
but perhaps she can inherit THROUGH her childA, if that child own properties when it die.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum