Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Proxy Marriage

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Proxy Marriage Empty Proxy Marriage Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:07 am

Aly Sopia

Arresto Menor

Greetings! I need a legal advice. My boyfriend (OFW) left me pregnant and we're both very happy about it. We're both 22 years old. Now, we want to get married (civil marriage) without his appearance as soon as possible (so it's not really a proxy marriage). Is it possible? If yes, what are the requirements? I already processed our papers such as cenomar, birth certificate, etc. He even wrote a letter of intent to marry me without his appearance (he scanned it with his signature).

Plus, as far as I know.. my baby can't be named after him because he wouldn't be here by the time I give birth to our baby. I hope I can get a legal answer. Thanks! If possible, please send me an e-mail: mysteriousanonymousunknown @ yahoo . com

2Proxy Marriage Empty Re: Proxy Marriage Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:22 am

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

I don't know anything about marrying not being there. Have you asked if anyone is prepared to do it with him "in place" through for instance Skype so everyone can see he agree?

I suppouse NO chance with a SCANED document, because that's NOT an original, but PERHAPS it can be approved to SEND the original by for instance Fedex.

The name at the child iis possible to make corect even without marriage first, although it's not automatic as when being married, so some complicated.

3Proxy Marriage Empty Re: Proxy Marriage Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:10 am

Aly Sopia

Arresto Menor

I see, but regardless the intent to marry written by my boyfriend. Because well, to be honest.. it wasn't even a requirement. I actually have a friend who has another friend who works in RTC. I just, you know, wants to confirm this to somebody else. Because the process is not yet done. Anyway, as of now, we're waiting for the marriage contract to be delivered to my boyfriend then they said that he just needs to sign it and send the marriage contract back here in the Philippines. Thoughts/ideas/legal response to this? Thanks for your response by the way!

4Proxy Marriage Empty Re: Proxy Marriage Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:49 am

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Aly Sopia wrote:I see, but regardless the intent to marry written by my boyfriend. Because well, to be honest.. it wasn't even a requirement. I actually have a friend who has another friend who works in RTC. I just, you know, wants to confirm this to somebody else. Because the process is not yet done. Anyway, as of now, we're waiting for the marriage contract to be delivered to my boyfriend then they said that he just needs to sign it and send the marriage contract back here in the Philippines. Thoughts/ideas/legal response to this? Thanks for your response by the way!
I see.
Not by scaning so they get an original, I suppouse.

5Proxy Marriage Empty Re: Proxy Marriage Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:15 pm

josecruz

josecruz
Arresto Menor

FYI

The formal requisites of marriage are:

(1) Authority of the solemnizing officer;

(2) A valid marriage license except in the cases provided for in Chapter 2 of this Title; and

(3) A marriage ceremony which takes place with the appearance of the contracting parties before the solemnizing officer and their personal declaration that they take each other as husband and wife in the presence of not less than two witnesses of legal age

The Family Code further stated that:

“Art. 4. The absence of any of the essential or formal requisites shall render the marriage void ab initio, except as stated in Article 35 (2).

6Proxy Marriage Empty Re: Proxy Marriage Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:42 pm

Aly Sopia

Arresto Menor

Coming from you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum