Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can I return a Printer

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Can I return a Printer Empty Can I return a Printer Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:46 am

NRG

Arresto Menor

Hi

I hope someone can help me. I brought a new Canon Printer on the 29th of September 2016 and within a week we started having problems with it not printing out correctly. By this time I had probably printed out no more than 20 sheets in black. The black ink stopped working and the colors where not much better. I took the printer back to the shop and told them what had happened, they got one of their so called technicians to look at and after 3 hours of waiting they returned it to me saying that it was fixed. I asked what the problem was and they told me that the ink cartridge was defective, I asked if they had replaced it and they said no they had not but had fixed the problem. I said that surely only having the printer for a week and printing off only 20 sheets that they must replace the cartridge, as that was also brand new when I brought it. They said if I wanted the cartridge changed they would do so but would cost me 900 pesos. So I left it as they said it was fixed and it seem to be at the time.

A week later I started having the same problem again and now not only the black cartridge but also the color. Again I have probably only printed off less than 20 sheets since I brought it home again. The other problem is, is that I have to travel a 100 KM round trip just to take it back each time. I now just want to take the printer back and not get a refund or get my money back but to exchange it for a different model one that will not give me problems.

They said that I cannot do this as the printer is not under any warranty, I do not see how as this is a brand new Canon printer and the manufacturer itself would have a warranty on it. The only thing they say is under warranty is any work they done on it, and nothing else. The printer is still just under a month old and I have the receipts to prove this and also that I have already taken it back once already for repair. Is there anyway that I can demand that they replace this printer with a different model or brand. Like I say I am not looking for a refund so they are not losing out and I still need a printer. Any help would be appreciated before I go back up there again and maybe have some ammunition to argue why they should replace this printer with another one.

Thank you for your time in reading this.

Matt.

2Can I return a Printer Empty Re: Can I return a Printer Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:03 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

Read the terms and conditions of the warranty that was provided to you upon purchase of the item.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum