Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Inheritance

+4
noemi24
rochelleavendano
payoneer
AyDontNo
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Inheritance Empty Inheritance Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:04 pm

AyDontNo

Arresto Menor

Hello, attorneys. Can a US citizen who was born a Filipino citizen inherit land in the Philippines from Filipino parents?

2Inheritance Empty Re: Inheritance Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:12 pm

payoneer

Arresto Mayor

Yes, but with limitations provided by law.
(Section 8, Article XII, 1987 Philippine Constitution)

3Inheritance Empty Re: Inheritance Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:31 pm

rochelleavendano

Arresto Menor

May titulo po kami na lupa na nakapangalan pasa lolo at lola ko, patay narin po ang tatay ko paano po kaya namin ito maililipat sa pangalan ng nanay o namin magkakapatid. salamat po

4Inheritance Empty Re: Inheritance Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:47 am

noemi24

Arresto Menor

Hi need po ng advice, may naiwan pong bahay at lupa ung parents ko na pareho na patay 135 sqm lng po ung sukat nya. now binebenta po namin pero ung titulo is nakapangalan pa sa both parents namin. Iyong bibili po kasi is asa Canada ang iyong sister nya nagaasikaso now ang tanong ko po e, sa contract to sell po kasi is ung partial payment nila gagamitin natin sa pagaayos ng extra judicial taxes nmin then pede po ba na after mabayaran ung extra judicial pwede po bang hndi na ilipat sa pangalan namin? After contract to sell daw po e Extra judicial partition with sale na daw po ang gagawin?

5Inheritance Empty Re: Inheritance Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:22 pm

payoneer

Arresto Mayor

Pwede naman yun - Extrajudicial Settlement with Sale. Direcho na sa pangalan ni buyer.

6Inheritance Empty Re: Inheritance Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:09 pm

jasminevianca75

Arresto Menor

good day po...need po legal advice...patay na po ang lolo ko and ang lola ko buhay pa..then ang tatay ko,ang mga kapatid po ng tatay ko at ang lola ko ay nagkaroon na ng verbal n kasunduan na magkroon na ng tuka sa ari arian na naiwan ng lolo sa kondisyon na bbgyan ng kalahati ng kita sa niyog ang lola ko for her living at hanggang sa ngayon po ay nasa pangalan pa ng lolo oko ung mother title...then ung dalawa ko po ng tito ipinagbili na nila ung tuka sa kanila pirmado ang lola ko at tatay ko at kaptid nya, tapos po ngayon ang ginawa po ng lola ko ay idinonate yung kalahati ng tuka para sa tatay ko dun sa kapatid na nagbenta ng lupa... is it legal po ba at kung legal po ano po kaya ang pd gawin ng tatay ko para makuha ung para sa kanya gayung 30 years na po nyang inaalagaan ang nasbing lupa..

7Inheritance Empty Re: Inheritance Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:10 pm

jasminevianca75

Arresto Menor

good day po...need po legal advice...patay na po ang lolo ko and ang lola ko buhay pa..then ang tatay ko,ang mga kapatid po ng tatay ko at ang lola ko ay nagkaroon na ng verbal n kasunduan na magkroon na ng tuka sa ari arian na naiwan ng lolo sa kondisyon na bbgyan ng kalahati ng kita sa niyog ang lola ko for her living at hanggang sa ngayon po ay nasa pangalan pa ng lolo oko ung mother title...then ung dalawa ko po ng tito ipinagbili na nila ung tuka sa kanila pirmado ang lola ko at tatay ko at kaptid nya, tapos po ngayon ang ginawa po ng lola ko ay idinonate yung kalahati ng tuka para sa tatay ko dun sa kapatid na nagbenta ng lupa... is it legal po ba at kung legal po ano po kaya ang pd gawin ng tatay ko para makuha ung para sa kanya gayung 30 years na po nyang inaalagaan ang nasbing lupa..

8Inheritance Empty Re: Inheritance Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:19 pm

manzguevara@gmail.com

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty.

Good day! My problem refers to the inheritance/estate tax imposed on my mother's estate by the BIR, Region 5. An Extrajudicial Settlement Amongst Heirs with attached documents were submitted as requirements. One document we submitted is the Deed of Absolute Sale executed between my mother Fe and her father (my grandfather) in year 1971 for a valuable consideration involving one parcel of land. However, said parcel is still under the original title (grandfather's) not yet transferred to my mother. I have shown to them the Original Copy of the Deed duly notarized, in fact the notarial zeal is color gold and embossed as was the kind of zeal before I was told, unlike now. My question is as the mere collection agency of the govt. on taxes, can the BIR have jurisdiction or authority to question a what appears to be a genuine document beyond its face value. Meaning here is an original Deed of Absolute Sale submitted to you, with all the requirements of a valid document complied with, duly notarized by a commissioned notary public and yet they still question the said document. I studied law (3rd year), and we had a subject in Land Registration (Land Title and Deeds). If I still remember it right, for purposes of registration of titles, the Registry of Deeds have no authirity to question beyond a documemt which upon its face appears to be validly executed. I am sure you have SC jurisprudence or decisions on this regard.

Applying this by analogy, with more reason I believe this BIR which is merely the govt. collection agency on taxes has no authority to question a validly executed document
beyond its face. Mind you this a 1971 document (I am only going 1 year old), the good examiner questions if the notary public is commissioned as notary public. I replied saying the document is original and it appears that the notary public is commissioned because he has this gold zeal with embossed and all. In 1971, a law graduate can be commissioned as notary public in provinces/cities/municipalities where there arent enough lawyers-notaries public. I went to our province, and visit RTC, Iriga City to inquire about this notary public if he was commissioned at that time when this document was executed in 1971 but the COC told me that they only have the list starting 1986 when the Judiciary Reorganization started. The COC dont have the list of commissioned notaries, lawyers and law graduates, 1985 down.

Sir, pls. i need your material advise. Our papers have been pending in the BIR, nothwithstanding that we have already been assessed and have already fully paid our  taxes and yet thereafter have been asking for additional documents. Isnt this a real case of red tape. Ayaw ni Pres. Durerte nyan. I will be going to BIR, Cam. Sur after undas. I badly seek you advise. Thank you.

manzguevara@gmail.com

9Inheritance Empty Re: Inheritance Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:10 am

payoneer

Arresto Mayor

You could check with the National Archives for a copy of that Deed of Sale. Or you could check the list of lawyers from the SC list. For all you know, the notary might be a lawyer. If that doesnt work, i-mandamus mo na.

Baka naman iba ang gusto ni kuya examiner? Just sayin'

10Inheritance Empty Re: Inheritance Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:38 pm

manzguevara@gmail.com

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty.

Sir, I have done both already. I went to the National Archives located now at South Pier last Aug. but it yeilded a negative result. According to them, the Deed of Absolute Sale was notarized in 1971, it is possible that like the practice of other notaries, the one who notarized this deed failed to submit his notarial documents since it was not strict at that time. Unlike now with the New Notarial Law where the submission of notarial documents becomes a pre-requisite of the applicants' recommissioned as notary public. I also called the Office of the Bar Confidant, S.C., but the name is not in the list of lawyers. The Office  advised me to inquire in the court of the province where said notary public was commissioned at the time the document was notarized. The COC of RTC, Iriga City, however, explains that they only have the list of notaries starting only in 1986 where the Judiciary Reorganization and dont have the list for 1985 down.
How is this sir, mandamus is not practical as this is a tedious process, it entails a lot of time. What I dont understand from the good office of BIR Region 5, is they themselves have acknowleged that the sale has no tax implication because at that time there is no capital gains tax. So why question the Deed of Sale, when upon its very face have the appearance of a genuine document. Worse, we have already paid our estate/inheritance taxes in full several months before. So what still do they want. No wonder BIR is always in the top five, along with BOC, DPWH, as the most !@#×*. Pls. I badly seek your advise. Thank you

manzguevara@gmail.com

11Inheritance Empty Hatian sa bahay at lupa Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:51 am

rad616

Arresto Menor

Ang tatay po ng asawa ko ay may naipundar na bahay nakapangalan ang bahay sa mama ng asawa ko pero namatay na po ung mama nya. Pero yung tatay ng asawa ko ay may naunang ibang pamilya pero nagkahiwalay sila at ito nga at ang asawa ko at mga kapatid nya ang pangalawang pamilya. May habol po ba ang mga anak ng unang pamilya ng tatay ng asawa ko sa bahay? Salamat

12Inheritance Empty Re: Inheritance Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:55 pm

Narica23

Arresto Menor

Hi po need po ng legal advice tungkol po sa lupa,kc po nanalo po kmi sa pagiging owner ng lupa ngaun po dun po sa lupa nmin nkatira ung umaangkin,ang sb po s amin hnd dw po nmin cla pwedeng paalisin kc wla dw po sa desisyon ung pagdemolish ng bhay nla khit dw smin ung lupa s knila dw ung bhay nla pwede po ba un please po sna matulungan nyu po kmi

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum