Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Total Change of First Name

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Total Change of First Name Empty Total Change of First Name Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:08 pm

JustAskingSomeQuestions

Arresto Menor

Hi everyone who's knowledgeable about the law. I just wanna ask on how can I just change my first name. I've searched it online but I still can't fully comprehend it. Okay, here's my situation. I'm 19, graduated few months ago and just recently decided to transition as a woman. But a slow transition. Even my parents are yet to know about this huge step I'm taking. I have yet to dress as a woman or anything of sort. I'm just starting to let my hair grow out. So, basically no one yet knows me by my "new name" that I choose  aside from my 30 facebook friends on my new account. I have two first name, I would like to keep the  second one but not the other, and probably add another. So basically, like this:

Example of my name now:: Mark Kieth Dela Cruz.
Could be "new" name::  Stefani Kieth Mae Dela Cruz.

How can I make this a reality? What's the process? Fees?

I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions, I just want answers. I'm also too afraid to go to a lawyer in fear of being judge and discriminated just now. Hope to hear from anyone of you. Thanks.  Smile  Smile

2Total Change of First Name Empty Re: Total Change of First Name Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:39 am

attyLLL

if you were born biologically a male, sadly, there is no legal remedy to change that to female under current law.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Total Change of First Name Empty Re: Total Change of First Name Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:46 am

JustAskingSomeQuestions

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:if you were born biologically a male, sadly, there is no legal remedy to change that to female under current law.

I'm not trying to change my gender on papers. Just my name.

4Total Change of First Name Empty Re: Total Change of First Name Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:50 pm

attyLLL

Here are the grounds for change of name: Rule 103 (CHANGE OF NAME) using valid and meritorious grounds including (a) when the name is ridiculous, dishonorable or extremely difficult to write or pronounce; (b) when the change results as a legal consequence such as legitimation; (c) when the change will avoid confusion; (d) when one has continuously used and been known since childhood by a Filipino name, and was unaware of alien parentage; (e) a sincere desire to adopt a Filipino name to erase signs of former alienage, all in good faith and without prejudicing anybody; and (f) when the surname causes embarrassment and there is no showing that the desired change of name was for a fraudulent purpose or that the change of name would prejudice public interest.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum