Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

NOT INTERESTED TO PROCEED WITH PURCHASING A PROPERTY

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

zyra m. plata

Arresto Mayor

Good day po.

I would like to ask for assistance.

I am a separated woman who wanted to invest something for my son. I decided to buy a subdivision lot. To ensure that all documents are genuine, I pursued to make my husband signed the documents. The developer are aware of my situation and they assured me that no more documents are to be signed by my spouse.

However, after I have fully paid the portion for my equity, the are again asking my husband to sign some documents. I do not know my husband's whereabouts which make it impossible for me to complete the process.

I inquired with HDMF if it would be possible if I alone will be the borrower of the to-be-transferred housing loan, but the HDMF representative said that it is not possible.

The developer was also asking for 24 BLANK PDC's of which I didn't agree.

What do you think is my best resort for this?

Thanks po.

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Are you LEGALY separated
or just not living together anymore?

If the first, then show them, who ask for your husband's signature, the document showing you are legaly separated. IF they ask for your husband's signature anyway, then they make no sence    Smile    because your economies are separated, so your husband don't have anything to do with your property deal...

betchay001

Reclusion Perpetua

The first document that you were supposed to sign is an SPA - Special Power of Attorney. What it does is lets you sign for your husband.

Without that document, your loan application will not be granted by the funding institution (bank or PagIbig).

The 24 checks is standard - BUT you may opt to deliver the checks to PagIbig yourself.

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

betchay001 wrote:The first document that you were supposed to sign is an SPA - Special Power of Attorney. What it does is lets you sign for your husband.

Without that document, your loan application will not be granted by the funding institution (bank or PagIbig).
Is that realy needed if they are legaly separated??
Then their economies are separated.

attyLLL

it may not be impossible for you to be the sole borrower but you will need special approval. write to the hdmf office head, and move it up the management to try to get approval. if they won't agree, the SPA route is also viable.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

zyra m. plata

Arresto Mayor

Thanks very much po for the replies. Indeed appreciated. God bless you all.

betchay001

Reclusion Perpetua

Lunkan wrote:
betchay001 wrote:The first document that you were supposed to sign is an SPA - Special Power of Attorney. What it does is lets you sign for your husband.

Is that realy needed if they are legaly separated??  
Then their economies are separated.

The SPA is used when the principal borrower is going to be out of the country (OFW). It may also be used when the spouse is living elsewhere in the Philippines. From her account, they are not legally separated.

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

betchay001 wrote:From her account, they are not legally separated.
Oh they aren't. If I understood corect, she don't know where he is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum