Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question Regarding House Laws And A Semi Related Scenario

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PaoArciela

Arresto Menor

Hello. I just want to ask about our situation. We're living on my Uncle's property for almost 32 years now since they let us live here a long time ago. So we built our house here and we pay all the expenses in the house from electricity to water etc. Now the land is big enough and a few years ago, another person became a tenant in another part of the land (right next to our house). In which he built a Coco Lumber. Now we're expanding our house to have a second floor. But this tenant told us that we cant build a second floor because it will hit his roof which he build really really close to our house, as in, their roof is right above ours. He also made threats about shooting my family if we were to continue with the building as well as. shooting my mom, showing off his gun to my mom and saying he will not hesitate to shoot her, if She used the road in front of our house (Which he uses to dump all his Coco Lumber, therefore blocking the road with tons of Coco Lumber and parking his big trucks in the middle of the road). His reason why he is above the law in this is that he is paying for the land and we're not. Is this alright? I mean, do we have no say in this matter and should just accept that he can do whatever he wants because he is paying for that part of the land (And also the road, which is the "Right of Way" so to speak. Because he always threatens us to kill/shoot us if he sees fit and if we say anything to the authorities he can just pay them to shut up and we're open season for him to kill. I hope you can give us some tips and advice regarding this. Thanks!

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

" His reason why he is above the law in this is that he is paying for the land and we're not. Is this alright? I "
Of course he isn't above the law, sure breaking the law when threatening Evil or Very Mad
But PERHAPS he has legal right to the SPACE. It depend of what the agreement with your uncle is.

" Because he always threatens us to kill/shoot us if he sees fit and if we say anything to the authorities he can just pay them to shut up and we're open season for him to kill."
Well. A big part of the Philippine "justice" system is a joke Evil or Very Mad
It has for instance happened rather recently two got almost no punnishment for a murder proven at VIDEO, just because the murderers are from rich family... Evil or Very Mad

I suppouse a person as the Coco lumber owner have many enemies.
Half joking: How about you USE the crapy "justice" system and get the Coco lumber owner killed by hire an assassin? Smile

Do you have NPA where you live?
In some regions they have solved when some criminal being threatening and when the Police didn't do their work to stop the criminals... Sometimes solved by just threatening the criminals. (I know of such cases in Samar and in Central Visayas.)

PaoArciela

Arresto Menor

Lunkan wrote:" His reason why he is above the law in this is that he is paying for the land and we're not. Is this alright? I "
Of course he isn't above the law, sure breaking the law when threatening  Evil or Very Mad
But PERHAPS he has legal right to the SPACE. It depend of what the agreement with your uncle is.

" Because he always threatens us to kill/shoot us if he sees fit and if we say anything to the authorities he can just pay them to shut up and we're open season for him to kill."
Well. A big part of the Philippine "justice" system is a joke  Evil or Very Mad  
It has for instance happened rather recently two got almost no punnishment for a murder proven at VIDEO, just because the murderers are from rich family...  Evil or Very Mad

I suppouse a person as the Coco lumber owner have many enemies.
Half joking:  How about you USE the crapy "justice" system and get the Coco lumber owner killed by hire an assassin?   Smile

Do you have NPA where you live?
In some regions they have solved when some criminal being threatening and when the Police didn't do their work to stop the criminals... Sometimes solved by just threatening the criminals. (I know of such cases in Samar and in Central Visayas.)

Yes, I prefer if it was settled in a peaceful manner, its just that said person likes to think he owns the place already. Will probably talk to my Uncle first about it too.

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

PaoArciela wrote: Yes, I prefer if it was settled in a peaceful manner, its just that said person likes to think he owns the place already. Will probably talk to my Uncle first about it too.
Yes, of course better if it's solved in peace, but some crap people can't be discussed with.

Concerning legality has your uncle right to kick out the lumber owner when the contract ends or when missbehaving, but I guess your uncle can be scared to make a confrontation. But talk with your uncle anyway, perhaps he can cool down the situation and solve the roof space.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum