Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can the bank withhold release of my CCT since I still have unpaid credit card bills with their affiliate company?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

asucalit

Arresto Menor

I just recently paid-off my home loan with BPI-Family Bank. When I was trying to get the mortgage release documents, including my cleared Condo Cert Title (CCT), they would not release it as BPI Express Credit Card had put it on-hold due an unpaid credit card account I have with them.

Credit cards are supposed to be unsecured debts/loans, is this legal for them to do so? Can I not ask them to give me the release papers for my mortgage loan and treat the credit card payables that I have as a separate issue?

What should I do? I am currently overseas also and do not have any legal representation that can help me with this.

I would appreciate your advise.

attyLLL

very interesting question, and in my opinion, you are right in stating the bank has no right to withhold your release of mortgage, more so if the bpi express credit is a separate company.

unfortunately, having is a right is one thing, enforcing it is another. principle aside, wouldn't it be easier to just pay your credit card debt? if the bank refuses to release you would have to file a complaint in court to get it.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

asucalit

Arresto Menor

thanks...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum