Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Query re bar review

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Query re bar review Empty Query re bar review Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:23 pm

nikkiraton

Arresto Menor

Guys, good pm! Is it okay or acceptable for a law school to compel their students (transferee at that) to enroll in their bar review program? I am a fourth year transferee kasi in this law school. When I expressed my intention to transfer to their school what they told me is that I have to comply with the one year residency period for me to graduate in their school, which is okay with me. There were no other conditions mentioned except of course sa matters of crediting / offsetting ng subjects and the one I mentioned. However, I spoke to one of my classmates and he told me that for transferres the school compels them to enroll in their bar review program in preparation for the bar. I still gave to confirm this with the college secretary, but just in case this is true.....

Is it not that personal choice dapat yan ng studyante to enroll in a bar review school where he wishes to? Ayoko na sana lumping ulit eh, but I can bring this issue in the LEB just in case? Your thoughts pleas, whether lawyers or law students.......thank yiu

2Query re bar review Empty Re: Query re bar review Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:47 pm

Geeknow0218

Arresto Menor

The school cannot compel you to enroll in its bar review center.

You may also inquire with the LEB regarding that matter, and file a subsequent case. Also try looking for recent rulings from the LEB, there might be one involving your query.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum