Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

severance pay

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1severance pay Empty severance pay Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:41 am

charlieteodoro

Arresto Menor

Am I still eligible for a severance pay ( redundancy) if I refuse to accept an offer from my employer. If in case I accepted it because they declined to give the severance pay, is there a law that would allow me to file charges ie mental and physical stress brought about by applying to other companies.

2severance pay Empty Re: severance pay Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:56 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Why would you refuse an offer?

Why do you think are you entitled to severance pay?

http://www.councilviews.com

3severance pay Empty Re: severance pay Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:25 am

charlieteodoro

Arresto Menor

Because we were already given a letter that the project is only up until April 15th, we were notified and given a letter last March 15th to which I am a signatory. I want to refuse an offer of transferring to a different account since I want to have severance package instead.

4severance pay Empty Re: severance pay Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:07 pm

ador

Reclusion Perpetua

Are you a regular (all intents and purposes) employee of the company? Did they put into writing that the severance pay is forfeit for refusing the transfer? Do you feel harassed or coerced by them, to get transferred in any way? If you have an appointment/document that proves your regularization status, try DOLE.
P.S.
Am NOT a lawyer, merely an opinion. Based from experience. Good luck

5severance pay Empty Re: severance pay Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:48 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

charlieteodoro wrote:Because we were already given a letter that the project is only up until April 15th, we were notified and given a letter last March 15th to which I am a signatory. I want to refuse an offer of transferring to a different account since I want to have severance package instead.

What is your employment status with the company?

Regular? Probationary? Project-based?

http://www.councilviews.com

6severance pay Empty Re: severance pay Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:26 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

charlieteodoro wrote:Because we were already given a letter that the project is only up until April 15th, we were notified and given a letter last March 15th to which I am a signatory. I want to refuse an offer of transferring to a different account since I want to have severance package instead.

If ikaw ang nagrefuse "redundancy" is not effected. For redundancy to happen, it should be the employer who initiates the proceedings

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum