Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Redundancy

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Redundancy Empty Redundancy Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:00 am

justaskingaround

Arresto Menor

Hi, I work for a bpo company and just received news that I will be let go because of head count reduction. I understand it happens all the time. But I would just like to ask you guys on what can I do legally because they cannot give me a reason why I was the first choice to let go. No paper works that I have performance issues like attendance and quality issues. I am still ask to come to work until my terminal leaves as well, is it right?

2Redundancy Empty Re: Redundancy Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:57 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

There will always be someone who will be first.

There is no need to explain why you are chosen to go first.

http://www.councilviews.com

Iamqueenfrances

Arresto Menor

Good day! I am a regular employee (1 year and 7 months) from an international pharmaceutical company and this Monday, march 14, 2016 they gather us for a town hall meeting. And the meeting says all about redundancy but when they gave us the letter there is no redundancy issue but the reason of our dismissal is retrenchment due to we don't have certification by prc as a medical representative and because of that they don't have business with us.
First question- is redundancy same as retrench?
Second- they don't even bother ask us if we are willing to take exam for the prc license as medical representative & they just decided to dissolve the line
Third- they were just giving 100% of our 2 months salary as a "redundancy pay"
& last question is- other pharmaceutical company is responsible for the exam of their medical representative why they don't do that to us or it is just their reason to dismiss us.

Hope you enlightened us in this matter.

More power and god bless

4Redundancy Empty Re: Redundancy Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:43 pm

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

Iamqueenfrances wrote:Good day! I am a regular employee (1 year and 7 months) from an international pharmaceutical company and this Monday, march 14, 2016 they gather us for a town hall meeting. And the meeting says all about redundancy but when they gave us the letter there is no redundancy issue but the reason of our dismissal is retrenchment due to we don't have certification by prc as a medical representative and because of that they don't have business with us.
First question- is redundancy same as retrench?
Second- they don't even bother ask us if we are willing to take exam for the prc license as medical representative & they just decided to dissolve the line
Third- they were just giving 100% of our 2 months salary as a "redundancy pay"
& last question is- other pharmaceutical company is responsible for the exam of their medical representative why they don't do that to us or it is just their reason to dismiss us.

Hope you enlightened us in this matter.

More power and god bless

Redundancy is when one's work is done by another. Retrenchment is when employee head count is reduced to prevent further loses due to excess manpower. Redundancy requires presentation of manpower proof by the employer. Retrenchment is a based on financial performance. In both cases, affected employees go through a notice process and a separation pay of at least 1 month's pay for every year of service.

It appears to me that the company may be losing a principal because the set up requires med reps to be PRC certified. This is just my speculation.

Be on the look out if the company will be replacing you, hiring new personnel as these are tangible proofs of their intention.

5Redundancy Empty Re: Redundancy Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:41 pm

Iamqueenfrances

Arresto Menor

Since they already notify us that we will be retrenched do we have a chance to haggle a higher last pay or separation pay because the company is very deceiving that they don't meet what they promised to us upon hiring. And for the damages that we are all emotionally stressed.
Thank you so much

6Redundancy Empty Re: Redundancy Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:42 pm

Iamqueenfrances

Arresto Menor

Since they already notify us that we will be retrenched do we have a chance to haggle a higher last pay or separation pay because the company is very deceiving that they don't meet what they promised to us upon hiring. And for the damages that we are all emotionally stressed.
Thank you so much

7Redundancy Empty Re: Redundancy Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:31 am

Janny

Arresto Menor

May i know the legality of redundancy im a regular employee of a manufacturing company for 5 yrs. The management declared redundancy on our position as customer service representative.A few months ago the company hired mini-csr as assistant of sales,last month they proposed new orgqnizational structure wherein theres 2 avaible position in our team then all of the sudden they talked to me last week about redundancy of our position.We are still waiting for one on one discussion of our HR about the package being offered. I think they will just change the job name as S.O coordinator instead which offer lower job grade and low salary. If its redundancy why we need a 1 month turn over

8Redundancy Empty Re: Redundancy Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:08 am

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

Janny wrote:May i know the legality of redundancy im a regular employee of a manufacturing company for 5 yrs. The management declared redundancy on our position as customer service representative.A few months ago the company hired mini-csr as assistant of sales,last month they proposed new orgqnizational structure wherein theres 2 avaible position in our team then all of the sudden they talked to me last week about redundancy of our position.We are still waiting for one on one discussion of our HR about the package being offered. I think they will just change the job name as S.O coordinator instead which offer lower job grade and low salary. If its redundancy why we need a 1 month turn over

Redundancy is a recognized practice by labor provided conditions are met. Labor law requires a minimum period of notice to the redundant employee to protect both interests' rights. Redundancy usually has a more attractive package than retrenchment. Be on the look out on how computation is made to cover SL, VL, bonuses, potential incentives etc.

9Redundancy Empty Re: Redundancy Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:25 am

Janny

Arresto Menor

Paano po computation sa redundancy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum