Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Property under my dad's name... help!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Property under my dad's name... help! Empty Property under my dad's name... help! Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:47 pm

Cookie365

Arresto Menor

My dad left my mom with nothing and moved back to the Philippines. I'm in the process of helping my mom obtain some type of ownership to the lands they have purchased throughout the years. He's a smart man who definitely thought it all through. They've been married for 30 years and recently left her for another woman in the Philippines. Everything is under his name. He took care of the financials, everything! We don't even know how to go about the process. Can she obtain titles? If they're under his name, is she entitled to any of it? She's probably going to need a lawyer? But with no money, we don't even know how to begin the process. Thank you!

betchay001

Reclusion Perpetua

When he passes on, he will leave his properties to his rightful and legal heirs. The thing is, if your father is smart, he may opt to transfer the titles now to his mistress. Your mother is entitled to half of it. Talk to relatives, see where the properties are. You may be able to get certified true copies of the titles. Good luck.

Filia

Filia
Reclusion Perpetua

If they have been separated for more than a year, your mom may petition for judicial separation of property (unless before their marriage, the executed a pre-nuptial agreement). That way, your mom will be given her share of the properties of your father regardless its registration solely on his name. If they did not have a pre-nuptial agreement, the property regime that governs them is community property, meaning whatever belongs to ur father also belongs to your mother even if your mother did not do/help anything for the acquisition of the properties.

4Property under my dad's name... help! Empty Demand letter? Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:33 am

Cookie365

Arresto Menor

Filia wrote:If they have been separated for more than a year, your mom may petition for judicial separation of property (unless before their marriage, the executed a pre-nuptial agreement). That way, your mom will be given her share of the properties of your father regardless its registration solely on his name. If they did not have a pre-nuptial agreement, the property regime that governs them is community property, meaning whatever belongs to ur father also belongs to your mother even if your mother did not do/help anything for the acquisition of the properties.

Thank you. Would a demand letter be sufficient you think if my mom were to request for property division, this way it is amicable, then if my father does not want to settle or resolve the situation by the demand letter request, suing him would be the only route correct?

5Property under my dad's name... help! Empty Re: Property under my dad's name... help! Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:45 am

Filia

Filia
Reclusion Perpetua

No, this is something that cannot be done by agreement if what you meant was that what your mom is entitled of. But if you mean support only, a demand letter and an agreement will be fine.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum