Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Having Pets in Apartment

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Having Pets in Apartment Empty Having Pets in Apartment Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:53 am

eliaslazorus

Arresto Menor

Nangungupahan po kami sa isang apartment. Two days ago, kinatok po kami ng may-ari. Ang sabi po ng may-ari, we have to decide daw kung ipapamigay yung pet puppy namin or else we can move out dahil bawal daw po ang pets sa apartment niya. Ako ang nakausap and kagigising ko lang nun so hindi pa masyado gumagana utak ko (haha), so sabi ko na lang hindi pwedeng ipamigay dahil may sentimental value. May masabi lang ako. But in the end, pinag decide pa rin kami.

Later on, I checked yung papers ng apartment (forgot the exact term) pero nandun yung mga kasunduan and yung rules ng may-ari. Wala akong nakita na "no pets allowed" or anything like that. So, does it mean po ba na wala silang karapatang sabihan kami na "give the dog away or you can move out", nor magpalayas because of that kung sakali? Tama po ba?

Salamat po.

2Having Pets in Apartment Empty Re: Having Pets in Apartment Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:51 am

betchay001

Reclusion Perpetua

How long have you been living in that apartment? Did you just move in? Did you ask about their pet policy?

The norm is, apartments don't usually allow pets. If the contract is silent about having pets, it is usually assumed that it's not allowed. However if you're strict about it, then it also means that there is no prohibition in regard to having pets. You can point this out to the owner.

Kayo lang po ba ang may pets dun?

3Having Pets in Apartment Empty Re: Having Pets in Apartment Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:30 pm

eliaslazorus

Arresto Menor

We've been here for 3 years. Yung tuta namin kabibili lang a week before kami kinatok. Hindi ko pa sila nakakausap about their pet policy. Pero gaya nga po ng sabi niyo, the contract is silent about having pets, and I'll take advantage of that and point it out. Yep, kami lang po ang may pets.

So, moving on to the next question... If they were to ever update the contract just to include the pet prohibition policy, may karapatan po ba ko na wag pirmahan yung kontrata? Kasi ang tanda ko, nung binigay samin yung kontrata na yun, ang sabi nila kailangan daw namin pirmahan yung contract para malinaw na we agree. But, what if we don't agree? Can we not sign it?

4Having Pets in Apartment Empty Re: Having Pets in Apartment Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:31 pm

betchay001

Reclusion Perpetua

Yes you have the option of not signing it, and you have to leave when the contract ends.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum