Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can you help????

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Can you help???? Empty Can you help???? Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:09 pm

lifhousen

Arresto Menor

hello to all.

I'm a regular employee of a company. I've been in that company for atleast 3 years. I'm a technician for that company by the way. Now last month, me and my colleagues went to mindanao to support a new customer. For me that will be the first time to go there and I'm very nervous because of the news of kidnappings and armed rebels roaming the area. Because it's one of my responsibility I went there even though I don't want to go there on the first place.

The company handed the responsibility of giving us an accomodation to the customer since they offer us a place to stay. When we get there the customer gave us a rooms inside their premises not knowing the rotational brownout happen in their area. One night the lights go out and whole place was pitch black. That's the time we get scared and feel unsecured on that area.

I posted a joke comment about it on facebook. When my wife find out what really happen, she post a rant against the company. She even named my company in the comment section and call them"assholes" that don't even have the guts to gave us a secure accommodation. The comment made it to my company's HR and demand to delete my post which I comply. After I went back to the company's HQ the comment which my wife posted make a buzz in the whole office, which makes me very uncomfortable.

The HR manager call my attention about that incident and tell me to wrote a letter that explains what happen. I haven't finish the letter but they gave me a note that stating they were very disappointed to the comment my wife post and there will be a possibility that they pursue legal actions against my wife! This whole mess now makes me want to leave the company. Now I fear that they hold back my credentials and terminate me for an offence that I didn't do in the first place. Besides my wife has that habit of overreacting to a situation and I know that her comment is just a knee jerk reaction to what happen to us. She is simply concern to me. My wife tells me to counter sue the company for not giving us a secure accomodation.

Now my question is about the possible case of my wife and the possible case we can file against my company. Please help!

2Can you help???? Empty Re: Can you help???? Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:13 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Since it is all possibilities as of now, just don't mind it first and just do your job properly.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Can you help???? Empty Re: Can you help???? Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:23 pm

lifhousen

Arresto Menor

council wrote:Since it is all possibilities as of now, just don't mind it first and just do your job properly.

thanks but still I want to know

4Can you help???? Empty Re: Can you help???? Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:32 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

You didn't tell - which PART of Mindanao?
It's a HUGE difference in risks in different parts from places I don't dare to go at all,
to other parts MORE safe than Manila Laughing

5Can you help???? Empty Re: Can you help???? Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:11 am

lifhousen

Arresto Menor

Lunkan wrote:You didn't tell -  which PART of Mindanao?  
It's a HUGE difference in risks in different parts from places I don't dare to go at all,
to other parts MORE safe than Manila   Laughing

It's somewhere near zamboanga. It's actually far from the city proper.

6Can you help???? Empty Re: Can you help???? Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:19 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

lifhousen wrote:
Electric stop functioning is common "everywhere"
but that's one of the places I don't dare to be, so leaving you there without protection is bad, which is to your defence.

7Can you help???? Empty Re: Can you help???? Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:30 pm

lifhousen

Arresto Menor

Lunkan wrote:
lifhousen wrote:
Electric stop functioning is common "everywhere"
but that's one of the places I don't dare to be, so leaving you there without protection is bad, which is to your defence.

They actually gave the responsibility for that one to the customer which infuriated my wife. She said that the responsibility should always on the company not the client.

8Can you help???? Empty Re: Can you help???? Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:50 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

lifhousen wrote:
They actually gave the responsibility for that one to the customer which infuriated my wife.  She said that the responsibility should always on the company not the client.
Well. I see it as the employer can be responcible to to employee, but by deal the client can be responcible to the employer. The client can have resources and knowledge localy, so it can be BETTER the client handle it - if they do it proper. If the employees will be in for instance a manufactory complex, the client can HAVE protection there allready, so it would be kind of waste if the employer have to send protection there too.

9Can you help???? Empty Re: Can you help???? Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:24 pm

lifhousen

Arresto Menor

Lunkan wrote:
lifhousen wrote:
They actually gave the responsibility for that one to the customer which infuriated my wife.  She said that the responsibility should always on the company not the client.
Well. I see it as the employer can be responcible to to employee, but by deal the client can be responcible to the employer. The client can have resources and knowledge localy, so it can be BETTER the client handle it - if they do it proper.  If the employees will be in for instance a manufactory complex, the client can HAVE protection there allready, so it would be kind of waste if the employer have to send protection there too.

But still whatever happens to us it's the client's fault in the first place right?

10Can you help???? Empty Re: Can you help???? Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:06 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

Speculations... you are only speculating. How can you defend yourself if there is no complaint yet? Just continue doing your job.

11Can you help???? Empty Re: Can you help???? Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:02 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

lifhousen wrote:
Lunkan wrote:
lifhousen wrote:
Well. I see it as the employer can be responcible to to employee, but by deal the client can be responcible to the employer. The client can have resources and knowledge localy, so it can be BETTER the client handle it - if they do it proper.  If the employees will be in for instance a manufactory complex, the client can HAVE protection there allready, so it would be kind of waste if the employer have to send protection there too.

But still whatever happens to us it's the client's fault in the first place right?
No. Your employer is responsible for you,
but the employer can have claims at the client if they agreed to handle it but didn't.
But in this case it was only electric   Smile    None of them are responsible for sceduled brown outs. Some bad they didn't tell, but some regions are so used to it, so they perhaps believed it was common knowledge. I know it and I'm not even in the Philippines  Laughing

12Can you help???? Empty Re: Can you help???? Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:35 pm

lifhousen

Arresto Menor

Lunkan wrote:
lifhousen wrote:
Lunkan wrote:
lifhousen wrote:

No. Your employer is responsible for you,
but the employer can have claims at the client if they agreed to handle it but didn't.
But in this case it was only electric   Smile    None of them are responsible for sceduled brown outs. Some bad they didn't tell, but some regions are so used to it, so they perhaps believed it was common knowledge. I know it and I'm not even in the Philippines  Laughing

yeah but that was horrible. That was the worst trip of my life. Anyway does the law says that the employer needs to inspect or to know the place where their employee would stay?

13Can you help???? Empty Re: Can you help???? Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:13 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

"Anyway does the law says that the employer needs to inspect or to know the place where their employee would stay?"
I don't know, but I suppouse NOT, because some jobs can be far away. It would cost much if BOTH need to send inspector and them, who will do the work.
((If it would be my workers, I would expect they would TELL me if they find something worth reporting. But I don't want any jobs down there anyway Smile IF my business would be offered to do something down there, I would ask if there are enough workers VOLUNTEERING to do work there, before i decide if accepting the work.))

I mean IF the government find that an OK to work region.

14Can you help???? Empty Re: Can you help???? Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:46 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

Lunkan... what a character.

15Can you help???? Empty Re: Can you help???? Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:36 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

HrDude wrote:Lunkan... what a character.
Smile

I don't want to have anything to do with muslim guerila,
but I'm not affraid of NPA. But I don't want to be in BETWEEN NPA and military when they fight haha

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum