Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Permit to Travel for the Illegitimate Child Bearing the Father's Surname

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

melrufino

Arresto Menor

Good day!

I would like to seek your advice on my sister's dilemma. She bore a daughter, now already 3yrs old, outside wedlock. The child's surname is that of her father's because the mother allowed it (probably knowing and believing that the father can still change for the better). The child is with the custody of her mother and is receiving full financial support from her. The father, however, has no job, even before the child's birth, and is completely dependent on his family for support, but occasionally visits the child.

My mother already migrated to Canada and my sister plans to let my mom adopt the child for a chance of a better life there. However, the father will not sign the papers for permit to travel. His reason behind it is that he JUST feels that it's not yet the right time. The child is almost ready for school and we feel that time is at hand.

Is there any workaround for a situation like this? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

attyLLL

if this is just papers for permit to travel, then have the mother accompany the child to china so that there is no need for travel permit.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

melrufino

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the reply..

It's for travel anywhere abroad. Well, specifically, going to Canada.

An illegitimate child is that who is born outside wedlock. However, the mother allowed the child to bear the father's surname. We are just not familiar with the workarounds.

Does she need authorization from the father in order for the child to be granted VISA for Canada given that the child was born out of wedlock?

attyLLL

so sorry, i meant travel to canada, not china.

if the question is limited to permit to travel, meaning the child will be allowed to board the plane by the officials of the Bureau of Immigration, the work around is to have a parent accompany the child. in addition, only the mother has parental authority over an illegitimate child even if the child is using the father's surname.

however, if it is how to get the canadian embassy to grant a visa, then that is based purely on the discretion of canadian authorities. i'm afraid i am not knowledgeable in canadian law. I believe they may want proof that that the mother has sole custody. I heard that someone tried to present a certification from DSWD that she was a single parent, but I am not sure if that was successful.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Peachesandcream

Arresto Menor

I have my daughter with me here in canada. Shes also illegitimate and is carrying her dads surname. cCanadian embassy will ask your sister a notarized letter from te father allowing his daugter to go with her and he will sign a form from the embassy. And your sister will undergo an interview and will be ask a lot of questions like if they lived together, is the father supporting the child, if they still have communication, if the child stay with her dad every now and then. So she has to be prepared and if you are migrating with your parents your principal will also be interviewed and just make sure their answers are the same.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum