Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marriage and unborn child

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Marriage and unborn child Empty Marriage and unborn child Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:33 pm

chrish1285

Arresto Menor

Hi good day..i meed some legal advice

2Marriage and unborn child Empty Re: Marriage and unborn child Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:37 pm

chrish1285

Arresto Menor

My husband is a resident of united states and is currently working there..we just got married this year and im currently pregnant with our first born.We are having some problems with our marriage its because i found basis of my husbands infedility.Weve had several arguments and he always threat to leave me.Currently i dont have a job and he said he is going to fight the custody of the child since i cant afford to raose.my child if he leaves me..simce my baby is still unborn is it possible not to put his last name on my baby's name?What will be my rights?

3Marriage and unborn child Empty Re: Marriage and unborn child Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:38 pm

chrish1285

Arresto Menor

My husband is a resident of united states and is currently working there..we just got married this year and im currently pregnant with our first born.We are having some problems with our marriage its because i found basis of my husbands infedility.Weve had several arguments and he always threat to leave me.Currently i dont have a job and he said he is going to fight the custody of the child since i cant afford to raose.my child if he leaves me..simce my baby is still unborn is it possible not to put his last name on my baby's name?What will be my rights?

4Marriage and unborn child Empty Re: Marriage and unborn child Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:58 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

In the Philippines we can't never know for sure, because of it's common with bribes even in courts,
but if the laws are followed, then your husband have no chance at least not if the child is under 7 years old when separating. (Except if the mother is a VERY bad parent. Then the father have some chance to get the child.)
The law say the husband HAVE TO support at least the child,
some chance he have to pay support to you too when you are occupied taking care of SMALL child, not when you can work yourself.
During marriage the husband is seen is father (even in cases when it's known he isn't!!!)
If you don'y put father's name at the birth certificate that can perhaps make it harder to get support to the child.

5Marriage and unborn child Empty Re: Marriage and unborn child Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:02 pm

chrish1285

Arresto Menor

I love my husband so dearly..and i am not seeking any anulment.But if he insist im gonna fight for our marriage even if he wants to leave me.what i want to happen is that i want to stay legal until im alive and make his life miserble and living in sin in the yes of God.Now i dont mind if he doesnt want me anymore but i am concern about is my child he said he's gonna fight for the legal custody of my child and was confident enough that he is gonna win the case since he can afford more than me...if i have a million in the bank and owned a house and lot even before we got married plus i have a car under my name would these assets be enough to prove that i can afford to raise my child despite having no job at the moment?

6Marriage and unborn child Empty Re: Marriage and unborn child Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:19 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Are you in the Philippines or USA?
If he cheated in the Philippines, he can be put in jail (and perhaps even deported because if that) in the Philippines, but it isn't a crime in USA.

Do you have prenup contract signed BEFORE you narried?
If not, you will have right to HALF of the assets (although it can be some delay until you get access.)
If you have prenup, you will not get any of the exceptions told there belonging to your husband, but HALF of the rest.

It will be your husband who have to prove you don't fit as mother. Otherwice you will get AT LEAST half custody, in the Philippines the child will be living with you.

The husband have to pay support during the first years anyway, so you don't having income is no reason to you lose custody. But I believe in USA it's common with SPLIT custody, which can make he can make problems for you.

I don't know if there are such for this type of case, but perhaps you can get a public defender for free (PAO in the Philippines.)

7Marriage and unborn child Empty Re: Marriage and unborn child Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:40 pm

chrish1285

Arresto Menor

Im currently in the philippines.

8Marriage and unborn child Empty Re: Marriage and unborn child Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:44 pm

chrish1285

Arresto Menor

We got married here in the phils.he cheated on me in the US. So he said he is filing the custody against me in the philippines..is it possible for him to file a custody even if the wife is not seeking for anulment.im gonna oppose the annulment if hel pursue the case and he wants to take my child with me.

9Marriage and unborn child Empty Re: Marriage and unborn child Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:54 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Good. You have biger chance to get OWN custody in the Philippines, because in USA it's common with shared.

He can file separation/anulment, and custody, but the most important is who will winn,
As I wrote, we can never be sure, because of SOME judges can be bribed, but if the court follow the law, then you will get the custody by yourself (or perhaps shared). And the father will be judged to pay support to at least the child.

10Marriage and unborn child Empty Re: Marriage and unborn child Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:47 am

chrish1285

Arresto Menor

My husband is a filipino too who happened to work in US.

11Marriage and unborn child Empty Re: Marriage and unborn child Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:16 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Then it's biger chance for you to get the child will be living with you, because that's the common in the Philippine court cases when the kids are under 7 years old.
But it's a biger risk a Filipino winn a case in the Philippines by BRIBES.

12Marriage and unborn child Empty Re: Marriage and unborn child Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:34 pm

marlo

Reclusion Perpetua

chrish1285 wrote:We got married here in the phils.he cheated on me in the US. So he said he is filing the custody against me in the philippines..is it possible for him to file a custody even if the wife is not seeking for anulment.im gonna oppose the annulment if hel pursue the case and he wants to take my child with me.

He is your legal husband. He is obligued to give you both spousal support and financial support for kids. If not, fail RA9262 case.

Surname of child would be of his father unless you can prove in court that he is not.

In general, child of that age is with mother's custody. Court considers welfare of that child unless court compelling reasons to take away baby/child from mother. However I would suggest you find a job temporarily in the future.

Though irresponsibility, lack of financial support, indifferences and Indifelity is not a ground for annulment.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum