Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

a pattern of extortion with many victims

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1a pattern of extortion with many victims Empty a pattern of extortion with many victims Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:27 am

Gord0566

Arresto Menor

I am a Canadian Expat who mistakenly got involved in business with a Norwegian man. I later found out that he had extensive criminal convictions back in Norway and numerous ongoing business disputes here in the Philippines. He tried to have me become the front man for various illegal activites violating Philippines law and when I refused and tried to get out of the relationship, he demanded an obscene amount of money or threatened to ruin my life. I did not pay and subsequently he started a massive smear campaign, including a website and email campaign that damaged my reputation immensely. He also threatened frivolous legal actions(some of which he filed but were dismissed) and threatened my family , friends and business associates.
I filed a libel and cybercrimes complaint against him which has prosperred and we are at the pre trial hearing stage (which he failed to appear at). I do believe that we will ultimately be succesful with that case, but after I fought back several dozen other people came forward with similar stories. The basics are that he appears to swindle people then when they catch on he does to them what he did to me. the victims are usually foreigners who end up walking away afraid that first their life will be made unbearable and then he will be able to follow through on his threats to have them thrown in a Filipino jail then deported from the country. He does brag that he has "friends" in the Justice system and Political arena, which appears to be true. Recently over a dozen people instigated an NBI investigation over fraudulent sale of land. The NBI supposedely had a rock solid case, but the case was dismissed without comment by the  local prosecuter. These vicitms are now trying to get the case heard in a different jurisdiction due to the obvious inability to get a fair trial locally.

Enough of the background I guess and on to my question. As there is is clearly a pattern of extortion repeated many times over, is there way here in the Philippines to bring action against this man as a group, and if so is there a way to bring that action into a jurisdction where there is a better chance of getting a fair trial?

Gord

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum