Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

legality of marriage

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1legality of marriage Empty legality of marriage Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:34 am

1stwife1998

Arresto Menor

good morning po... i married my husband in a catholic ceremony last 1998 ...we have 2 kids... then year 2007 nag work sya sa abu dhabi ... july 2007 nakikipag hiwalay na sia ... i learned na may other woman na sya at ng malaman nila na alam ko na ang relationships nila and i have proof nagpakasal sila sa muslim rites dito sa Cavite ..... when i learned na nagpakasal sila i ask the nso of my husbands cenomar at ang andun eh yun kasal pa din namin at wla ng iba .... he told me na fake daw yun muslim wedding nila pero ang sabi naman ng wife nya bago eh it was signed and authentic at yun ang ginagamit niya dun visa sa abu dhabi eh family status under my husband's working visa ... gusto ko lng po malaman kung legal and binding po dito sa atin ang marriage nila o dun lang po sa abu dhabi.. kasi po sya ang naka declare na asawa dun sa abu dhabi sa contract ng husband ko at sa passport nia na dun nia kinuha sa abu dhabi ...pero as of this time eh nag hiwalay na din po ang 2 .... thank you so much po ..hope you can help me understand the legality of my marriage ..

2legality of marriage Empty Re: legality of marriage Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:00 pm

marlo

Reclusion Perpetua

I think he is still your legal husband if that is your question .

3legality of marriage Empty Re: legality of marriage Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:40 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Did THEY marry in Cavite?
If so, I suppouse they got documents somehow, which let them marry in the Philippines.
Is HE muslim? Muslim Filipinos have some less hard laws than catholic Filipinos, so some Filipinos even convert to get divorce/annulment aproved in the Philippines.

IF he DIVORCED you ABROAD, that can be legal ABROAD, but it DON'T make it legal in the PHILLIPINES. (Except in some cases, when BOTH want divorce.)

4legality of marriage Empty Re: legality of marriage Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:44 pm

SalusPopuliEstSupremaLex

SalusPopuliEstSupremaLex
Arresto Mayor

If you are both muslims then the law for muslims on marriage will apply but if one of you is not, the Family Code will apply and bigamous marriage is prohibited under the Family Code.

5legality of marriage Empty Re: legality of marriage Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:51 pm

1stwife1998

Arresto Menor

Hindi po ako muslim ... nun magpakasal din po km eh hindi sya muslim ... nun maghiwlay lng po kami at sa kagustuhan nila maging legal sila sa kinaroroonan nila eh nag muslim sila pareho ... at dito nga sa cavite sila ikinasal ... d2 po ba eh legal sila mag asawa ...

6legality of marriage Empty Re: legality of marriage Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:33 am

SalusPopuliEstSupremaLex

SalusPopuliEstSupremaLex
Arresto Mayor

I don't think so because the Family Code prohibits bigamous marriage. The second contracted marriage is a bigamous marriage even if he is already a muslim now. To have the Code of Muslim Personal Laws of the Philippines apply you must be both muslim

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum