Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please seeking answers ti my questions ra 9262

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Evangielee

Arresto Menor

I really need someone to enlighten me.
before my husband and I got married, he got someone else pregnant when he was still in saudi. Now they are both back in the philippines and we are now married and i found out about the affair.
I talked to the girl to settle the situation by ourselves. She demanded to sign a demand paper stating a support for the kid till she finds a job abroad.
However, is it a right desicion to just acknowledge the support if he is unsure if hes the father of the baby? If in case we will take this in a legal way, and get dna and the result is positive hes the father, how long will the legal support take place? Is it going to be in a fiscal office or big court? When the legal case is settle can I then sponsor my husband?
Please I highly appreciate the answers to my questions.

Ernani

Arresto Mayor

Did your husband acknowledge the child in any way?

Evangielee

Arresto Menor

No not yet and he didn't give any money for support yet.

Evangielee

Arresto Menor

No not yet and he didn't give any money for support yet.

Ernani

Arresto Mayor

I suggest you go the legal way. Obtain DNA evidence. It is for the benefit of both your husband and the child. You do not want your husband to be supporting a child that is not his own. But if he child is really his, as a result of the DNA testing, then he should support him/her. That is what is morally right.

Do not do anything that might be construed that your husband is acknowledging the child as his own. Any evidence might be used against him. Ingat.

Just my opinion.

Evangielee

Arresto Menor

Someone told me he should go to a mediation and tell them he will work and support the baby if they do a paternity test. she will be bear the cost of the dna and then he will support the baby if ever. But he shouldn't give her anything till it's proven.

Ernani

Arresto Mayor

Well, DNA testing is costly. Around 15k I guess. I hope the mother can the DNA testing.

Evangielee

Arresto Menor

Well based on my understanding, it is not our responsibility to pay for the dna test. Our responsibility is to support the baby till adulthood when proven.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum