Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

SSS Foreclosed Property

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SSS Foreclosed Property Empty SSS Foreclosed Property Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:01 pm

AriannaJose

Arresto Menor

Hello po,

Just want to seek advice and clarification on the real rights and options we have for this scenario that we are into.

In 1985, my father acquired our house under the housing loan facility of SSS.  Since then up to now we are occupying the property.  

We were not able to pay the amortization of the house because, when it was turned over to us there are a lot of defects and it is substandard. As part of the homeowners association, we were instructed not to pay in protest to the kind of houses given to us. The homeowners sued the developers until the developers declared dissolution and following that, there was no one already accountable. The case was dragged on for several years (if I am not mistaken 10 to 15 years).  

The problem now is when we saw that there is really nothing we can get with the case, the interest on the amortization already piled up. Hence, finding it very difficult for us to pay now.  We are supposed to pay around P300++ per month before, but now even if we pay P20k per month it won't even suffice for the interest (this is if we avail the amnesty program offered by SSS for delinquent account).  This delinquent account are now being advertised by SSS as foreclosed properties and being sold without consultation with the first owner.  

Now, here comes our neighbor who approach us that she will "make tubos" our house because according to her someone already bought it. Only to find out later that she was the only one who inquired and paid the initial reservation required for the assuming process.  Now she is harassing us, threatening to bring the sheriff to kick us out of the house.

I would like to know what options do we have for SSS, can they legally sell the properties and if they do can they evict the owner who are still occupying the property? Do they have that power? Do they exercise it?  Because I know PagIBIG does not.  They pass it on the assumer the responsibility of evicting the owner or the one occupying the property.

As for our neighbor, can she really bring the sheriff in that instant without any court proceedings?  We already had a face to face encounter in the Barangay but the barangay did not issue any certification to her favor and we never arrive at any resolution. Please enlighten me as to the process as well as our option in this case.

We already received 1 court hearings, unfortunately we only received on the day that it is to be held? So we were not able to prepare. We also doubt the legality of the document.

Looking forward to hear your thoughts and opinions on this case, particularly on the remaining options we have.

thank you

2SSS Foreclosed Property Empty Re: SSS Foreclosed Property Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:28 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

I don't know the law about forcing tennants to leave, but it's possible but not easy.
"We already received 1 court hearings, unfortunately we only received on the day that it is to be held? So we were not able to prepare. We also doubt the legality of the document. "
That seem very odd. Court cases normaly take redicilous LONG time...

An IMPORTANT perhaps useful possibility for your family:
I don't know how close related the family member have to be to the old owner, but old owner and close enough family member WITHIN A YEAR have RIGHT to BUY IT BACK for a STATIC price, which is UNDEPENDING of how much the Foreclosed property was sold for to your neighbour. Ask seller (=SSS) how much that static price is. If your family can raise that amount (including loan from for instance Pag-Ibig) you can SOLVE it that way.
This right is UNDEPENDING of if your family live in the property still or not. But if you still live there, you will not get the trouble to get out other tennants Smile

3SSS Foreclosed Property Empty Re: SSS Foreclosed Property Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:54 pm

Arresto Menor

magandang araw po,paano po kung duplex ung forclosure na nakuha nmin pero yung owner sa duplex ay yung byenan ko ngunit binenta ung sa kabila 75k 5 years ago pero sulat kamay lng po ginawa nila hindi dumaan sa sss,ngayon po na nakuha na namin un duplex meron po ba habol yung tenant sa kabila ibig sabihin pera po.salamat po

4SSS Foreclosed Property Empty Re: SSS Foreclosed Property Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:06 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Was post 3 to me?
Sorry I understand only litle Filipino, I don't understand what you mean.

5SSS Foreclosed Property Empty Re: SSS Foreclosed Property Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:54 am

dumbvendee

Arresto Menor

Hello moderators and members.

Quote "....In 1985, my father acquired our house under the housing loan facility of SSS.  Since then up to now we are occupying the property.  "

Next quote "...Now, here comes our neighbor who approach us that she will "make tubos" our house because according to her someone already bought it. Only to find out later that she was the only one who inquired and paid the initial reservation required for the assuming process"

I was thinking why can't YOU also inquire and pay the initial reservation.  Since You are the present occupant you have higher priority of being granted the sale.  I don't know about the price.... hopefully its super cheap GOOD LUCK

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum